• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Archive through January 08, 2008

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
No....not really....I'd at the very least, be able to buy a couple of CCC's really overpriced spirol pins.

Theo - We don't post links to pics here , we post pics ;) There's also a place for Off Topic ones, these main forum pages are for IH Cub Cadets only or Charlie will go off the deep end. We try to humor him in his old age.

Kentuck, so who wants to own up to being the oldest forum member?
old.gif

just trying to chime in to say hello and new to the forum. i'll be sure to enjoy this site

theo

Dang , anybody ever notice how many IH Cub Cadet related questions are in the IH Lawn Mower section ... if only ppl could read ...

Theo - I just thought of something - Are you calling your "65" the model or the year ?

Matt G.,
I have only had 1 stock gear drive ever keep up with my 1650 at a Plow Day and that was a 582. Now there have been a few modified gear drives that have done it but they all had larger than stock engines in them, kind of like your 582, that could pull a plow in 3rd gear. As for the rest, my 1650 does not like to only go 4 mph plowing. Even my 149 very seldom goes that slow. But don't get me wrong, I like my 106 gear drive for some yard work that I do. Spraying and spreading fertizer are 2 things that come to mind. You know just how fast you will be going and can calibrate everyting for that speed.

Man I am sorry Matt G., looks like you got the gear drive load tonight. LOL
thumbsup.gif

I'm looking for a little help with re-installing the governor assembly on a K161 I just finished rebuilding and painting. I'm trying to figure out the exact details of how the governor spring, speed control disc, drive pin, throttle bracket, and governor lever/arm interface with each other. I've looked at numerous manuals, but none of them show my specific governor set-up. I understand how to adjust the governor and the basic assembly order of the parts, but I can't figure out a couple of specific things. Here are my questions:
1. Does the drive pin in the speed control disc go above or below the throttle lever, and how do I detemine which hole in the speed control disc to put it in. How do I determine which hole in the speed control disc to put the throttle cable in?
2. How does the governor spring install? One end of the spring has a 180 degree u-shaped bend in it, the other end is straight. The governor lever/arm has a small tab welded to the inside of it with a threaded hole and small screw that attaches to it. I think this screw captures the straight end of the spring, but I'm unclear as to where the u-shaped end goes. The speed control disc has two ears that stick out towards the governor arm - does the u-shaped end of the spring go between these ears?
3. Does anyone have any detailed pictures of this type of governor set-up that they could post or email me directly?

Thanks for any help with this.

Wes H.-

Most of those hydros were JD's too... At PD 12 my 128 would run over small hydros, come up to JD's like they were standing still, and I could follow 782's and supers.

MIKE M. - Those look Great!
thumbsup.gif

KEN - Had to laugh about "Milking Dinosaurs"
cwm.gif

Tom H. -

The CNIC wants to buy the EJ&E. It will increase traffic thru Barrington and surrounding towns from a piddly 3 short trains a day to more than 15 long trains a day. Not only will that affect street traffic, but it will interfere with Metra, too.

Sorry about the size, but...

Slow hydros? I don't see any slow hydros...

75106.gif

This is a little off topic but I've done a search and found nothing. I just want to know what size pump you guys reckamend for a loader. What gpm and so forth.I was looking at the two stage pumps that go from 16gpm at 650psi to 8 gpm at 3000 but dident know how that would be as far as operation smoothness. I know that there made for log splitters but just need some experanced persons input.

Paul I used this pump at Nothern tool for the loader on my 129 Cub Cadet Haldex High Pressure Hydraulic Gear Pump .258 Cu. In., Model# 1002966
Item# 10565

Only $104.99
]it works for me!
coffee.gif

1965 was the year my inlaws were conviced. its been repainted several times i'll have to go look for serial number

theo

Mark F., here are 4 photos of K161 carb/Gov setups. Three of an Original setup and one of a 70. Both tractors belong to Dan Hoefler.

75108.jpg

75109.jpg

75110.jpg

75111.jpg

Here's another K161, this one belongs to me. It's waiting for me to finish my Original chassis refurb.

75113.jpg

Back