• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Archive through January 08, 2008

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Charlie, Kendell, thanks for the lead on the Kohler manual. I will check it out, and try some troubleshooting tonight. Looks like I got a timing, valve-tappet clearance, and/or ACR issue.

Here's a closeup of one of those I posted earlier.

75117.jpg

Jerry B. and others, sorry if I slowed down your dial-up connection.
pcwhack.gif

Kraig, don,t worry it,s worth the time. Lets me refill the coffee cup! If my CCO motor looked like that I couldn't make myself use it. You can hear the rod knock at your house. By the way 21400 dialup today is all we get

Looks like Ken gets the old fart award unless someone else wants it.

Jerry - Byte me. It just smells old.

Theo - Okay so it's a L/G and it belongs in this section. Look on the back of the rear end for a pinned on tag for the numbers.

All the talk about oil cans and spouts ... I've got a couple of the stab'em spouts but I wanted one of the "high tech" ones that you sat the can on and squeezed the handle to pierce the can ... shortly after getting one they went to plastic bottles ... just my luck , but hey it's barely been used
happy.gif

Jerry, Dan doesn't use them much either. Last time I was out to visit him (a little over a year ago) the Cubs were up on storage racks tucked in a corner.

The close-ups photos are great - extremely helpful and just what I needed! One quick follow-up - it looks like the u-shaped end of the governor spring wraps around the screw on the governor lever/arm. I can't tell where the straight end of the spring goes - does it just hang in the breeze?

Shame Dan got out of the hobby. Sure made for some great reading while his toys were being built. Shame too that he didnt care to sell plans for the added on parts. could have been some good money.

Mark, I dunno! I can take more photos of my K161 and post them this evening.

Jerry, I believe he is still making reproduction Cub Cadet parts for Madson's, CC Specialties and perhaps others. Charlie or Bryan might know for sure.

Oh Dan is still making parts and great parts at that!

ALSO,
Dan recently stocked his shop with engine building equipment, so he's turning out great rebuilds now too.
thumbsup_old.gif

Charlie, thanks, I figured you'd know.
thumbsup.gif
And that is great news about the rebuilds.
happy.gif

He is also tooling up to start making another 10 parts that are NLA from MTD/CCC.
And another 3 or 4 that are soon to be NLA.

I'm wanting to put some 26x12x12 ag tires on the rear of my 1650 and 126. However, I'd like to find some 18x6.50-8 ags for the front so the tractor will be level. I've heard people say they are out there, but I can't find them. The 18x8.50-8 tires are out there, but it looks like the width will interfere with steering components. Can someone give me a link or at least a manufacturer? Thanks.

Jim, Carlisle (the maker of Tru Power and Super Lug tires) doesn't make any ags in 18x6.50-8. They do have some turf tires in that size. You might find some import ags in that size, but I don't know where to find them. If you really want lugs up front, try the Carlisle Sno-Hogs. They are available in 18x6.50-8. I just put some 16x6.50-8 Sno-Hogs on the front of my 106 to help steer when plowing snow, and they work great. For all your tire needs, try:
http://www.cedarrapidstire.com

Ok if the 18x6.5-8 ags are hard to come by. What about tri-ribs in that size. Are they available?

Jim, another thought, if you use front wheels from a narrow frame tractor, the backspacing is different, so that the wheels will stick out another inch or so on your 1650 or 129, this may give you enough clearance for the 18x8.50-8 tires.

Latest posts

Back