• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Archive through January 05, 2009

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I don't drill out my axle hubs, just use the fine thread bolts with permanant lock-tite & thread through the back side making a wheel stud.

Quick secret on 1/2" bolts in cub axles- if you happen to be using a fine spline carrier, the axles that would have come with it, IF they had press-in studs - you'll find the diameter of the holes are just about right for threading 1/2" holes.

For that "factory" look - you can then go to your local agricultiral salvage yard and find "IH" stamped fine thread 1/2" wheel bolts. Seems like the ones I found were for rear wheels on combines, but I can't remember for certain. I know I took a Saturday morning one time and sorted through three 5-gallon buckets of bolts and came up with a couple sets for my own personal stash.

Bill Cook, If you want some tips on working over the KT-17 give me a call one night 937-638-2003, Add an additional coil,use the old K coils, one coil for one cylinder, you can run them off the same set of points. You can radius the bottom of the intake and exhaust valves, a 3 angle job would be best and changing the angle from 45% to 30 degree-all depends how much you want to tear the motor down to do the valve work, SHAVE THE HEAD almost flat, just leave a thumb nail of ridge on the gasket surface. There is some other tricks I have heard of, got a number of a guy in Penn that told me abunch of tricks I want to try myself

Okay... so you can't put this in a Cub. however if someone made a 1/16th scale Cubbie...
Shift.gif
Moyermade Chevy V8

is there an advantage or disadvantage to using a k361 crank in a k341?

Mike, there isn't any difference, they are weighted for the same size piston. Same stroke.

Mike Logan--try using a Magnum 16 single cylinder crankshaft. They are nodular iron instead of cast iron like the K-341 crankshaft. The crankpin is drilled instead of the hole being cast into it. You can still buy these new or you can look for a used one. These are better cranks than the K-341 or K-361. I know guys running them in Stock Altered pulling tractors. You can't do that with the old cast cranks. I hope this helps

thank you. I'm new at cadet pulling. have a bigger traqctor I built for pulling but now there are fewer pulls and more for the garden variety

How wide is the steering rod on a cub cadet 108. The part that the stering wheel goes on and where the bolt threads on.

Can any of you guys explain to me or show me a picture of a welded rearend. I have a 106 named Bare Bones and he is being built strictly for dead weight pulling.

Local guys and I have invested in a new sled and 6,000 lbs. of weight looking to have a great summer at all of our little towns and festivals. Also a few running pulls so I can keep my 1000 going in the 10 hp stock class.

Any help on the above question (rearend) is greatly appreciated. You can also e-mail me at [email protected] with any comments.

Thank you

Ben-- everybody calls me Pops

Hi Ben. I don't have any pics of a welded rear carrier but the way I've done it before was to weld in between the teeth on the axle gears & the spider gears on each side, then build upto the spot where the gears mesh together on each side. 4 spots where I'd weld. Can't get em too hot each time, they become brittle so little bit at a time.
I'm positive somebody has a pic of their welded rear gears.

Is anyone using Real aluminum wheels instead of Douglas? The reason I ask is because of the lug hole size. The Real has 7/16" and the Douglas has 1/2". Also if the Real will work with disc brakes.

Can anyone tell me what clubs or associations pull in the the SE Indiana area. I am looking to build a stock class puller and was wondering where to find a rule book. Thanks,Dustin

Thank you George! That was exxactly what I was looking for. Now I know what I am doing this weekend!!!!

Ben eveybody calls me Pops

Maybe someone here can give me a direction to find some answers about an engine dynamometer. I have recently took in a megatech electric small engine DG-3 dyno. Looking for info how to run it and where to get parts. I emailed megatech no reply. I called them and am still waiting. Have the need to see it work I have a 10hp kohler that Im rebuilding and want to use it to set up the carb etc. Any help would be great thanks in advance. Mike

Latest posts

Back