Archive through January 04, 2010

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

fcurrier

displayname
Frank A. Currier(Northern Maine)
Kendell: But that's like being on unemployment or in the military or on a dairy farm -- it's 24-7-365.
asthanos.gif

the farm I work at is 7 days a week, 5 hours a day with an ocasional day off. but at $10/hr and $15 on sundays and holidays its ok.

We all know it sux out there, but ya know kinda' pisses me off when I see a post in the for sale ads with the person with one one post. The least you could do is contribute something here even if it's just Cub Cadet gab.

Kendell, it's all in how you look at it.......when you are retired you no longer get holidays or weekends off
whistling.gif

Kendell, Josh, et al: When Cubbin you sometimes loose track of time. One thing learned is not to go shopping on a weekend! But there were days that I didn't know what day it was till I got the morning paper.
But Santa saved the day...I love modern technology.
help.gif

183451.jpg

Keith,
I heard you guys got some snow down there. All we got was a dusting a couple of times this past week and a few flakes yesterday. It's been cold though. We're supposed to get some snow Wednesday into Thursday here, and then extreme cold Friday. I have the 123 fitted with the blade, chains and weights - but I hope it starts in this type of cold. I know it will around 15 degrees, but not sure about 0 degrees.

Keith, It probably doesn't matter, it doesn't sound like you use it a lot, When I checked out the video I thought it was missing a piece. It's called a plate deflector part number IH 475567-R1. It doesn't matter in a little bit of snow or if you don't use it much, It would in a deep snow. Cool video.

Keith, Dave is correct, that CW36 will work much better with that deflector. Should be an easy piece to fab up.

183453.jpg

183454.jpg

Yeah, I know it's missing. The short side of the bend that bolts to the housing is still there, just broke off and missing the front side. I'll fab one up when I refurb it this summer (or maybe sooner if we keep getting snow). Thought it was pretty wild in the vid where it looks like the auger is running backwards.

Terry,
I was up in StL Friday picking up a new to me Jeep. Got some snow while driving home. I trailered it so I didn't have to worry too much about it. I didn't want to drive home a Wrangler with 4" lift and 35" tires not having much info about it's past life. Runs pretty good, but you never know.

Keith, I did a double take on that auger that appeared to be running backwards. Weird optical illusion. Looks kind of neat with the snow spitting forward as well. I bet that won't plug up as easily with that deflector missing... could actually be useful in heavy wet snow, for a while that is, problem is that it would keep adding to the pile of snow in front of you.

Hey Kraig,
While visiting family during Christmas I did something that made me think maybe I'm reading Cub Cadet forums too much. We were trying to remember a movie and I said, "You know, that movie with Kraig McConaughey." You know what I mean?

Will the mower deck and carrier off a 582 fit a 128 or 149. Thanks

Ah! With Matthew McConaughey! No relation, though I do have a cousin named Matthew McConaughey...

David, with some modification it should. The 82 series used a 5/8" wide PTO drive belt, the older series used a 3/8" PTO drive belt. You would have to change the driven pulley on the mower deck. There may be some other differences as well, I'm not that well versed in the 82 series or the wide frame series when it comes to mower decks.
blush.gif

I honestly don't remember what movie we were talking about now. After it hit me what I said we got off on another tangent.

I have a couple of questions for the experts. My knowledge about IH Cubs is expanding. I currently have a Model 100. Picture of me and my tractor on the profile. My question is this. I have put some work into the mower deck but was wondering if it is worth the effort. A guy who knows more than me told me that it doesn't cut well anyway so why the work. It is the original cast deck.
Which leads me to my other question. I have the opportunity to buy a 1250 in better than decent shape. I have about 1.75 acres of mowing. I really am only familiar with the 100 and not the 1250. For what looks to require no work and a couple hundred bucks, will the 1250 do a better job mowing the lawn?

Latest posts

Back