• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Archive through February 28, 2008

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
You guys just wait til I get finished cleaning ! I wish I'd thought to have got a pic of the truck that left here yesterday with a full bed of scrap. I sorted and piled separately - steel , copper , brass , aluminum and they just threw it all together in the truck ... oh well. There's still another load and I've not got half the garage cleaned yet !

14 years is to long to let it pile up ...
I've made 2 sets of shelves and need to tear out some crappy shelving they built 30 years ago and build new stuff back.

I just got my motion detector light wired up over my tool box and parts washer so I'll have lights when I walk up to it
happy.gif

I got the back corner cleaned out and the blast cabinet in place but not the dust collector yet.

The guy that hauled out my scrap has an old cub but doesn't know for sure what it is but thinks it's a 1250 with a bad engine ... gotta try talking him out of it now that I've got room for more
biggrin.gif

And I just bought a $30 MADE in USA push broom , old one was crap!

ART - I didn't post that pick nor did I mix the JB !!!!!!!!!!!!
angry.gif

In the late 1960s and 70s there was a farmer just east/southeast of Durant, Iowa, on the blacktop going south that farmed with Oliver equipment. Whenever he bought a new tractor he bought two. Literally one for him and one for his wife. Before delivery was made the wife's brand new Oliver was repainted a soft pink. I can still see that tractor out in the field working with the other factory green Oliver.

Now back to Cub Cadet talk. I have to work tomorrow morning. With the weather forecast in the 40s tomorrow afternoon will be a good time to work on a friend's Cub Cadet. It is giving him fits again. Erractic spark problem. Everyone enjoy the weekend.

OT: If you have an engine that has a threaded dipstick, do you measure the oil with the dipstick threaded it or do you measure the oil with the dipstick sitting on threads?

Chris - Screw it
happy.gif

It's like a light bulb , ya can't tell if'un it's right until ya screw it in.

Chris B.

I have seen then both ways.
The one on my dads ATV says to unscrew, wipe clean than rest on threads to check oil level, not screwed down.
On others I have seen where you must screw all the way in to check oil level.
Check the dip stick to see if there are any instructions or the owners manual if available.

To whom it may concern: Don T. is safe and sound at Portage Lake, Maine.
beer2.gif

Frank: Glad to hear the boys made it. Hope the 125 is safe and the carriers also. I'm sure I'll hear lots about the trip when he lands back here in Nova Scotia.

The " Yellow Fever"
wink.gif

Back