• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Archive through February 18, 2014

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The shop I work at sell jetco lights, good quality but they are expensive and there Is little mark up, I can get at cost but I bought a set of Cree lights for 1 third of the price, they work great, I have had no trouble so far, I got 200 hrs on them, if you really want to see put some HID on there, I notice my neighbour always closing there blinds when i blow snow late at night, there 400ft from me.lol

Dennis,

I think that the price for 4411 sealed beams isn't really $30. I bought a pair last year at NAPA for 8.95 each. Later, I saw them at Fleet Farm in an Oshram-Sylvania box. I opened the box and they had a GE emblem on the glass. I think they were around $10. Thirty bucks for a 4411 lamp is awfully high.

Nic,
I agree that most LED flash lights suck, but I have an LED spot light and I'm surprised how far it shines. It will reach across a small field. So I figured the lights would be something like that.

I bought new led`s for my 14' cargo trailer signal and brake and running light . They now have a small filament in the center to heat the lenses so they will melt snow. I bought them last summer. with 17 lights on that trailer I changed the to led for the power issue. Led`s take way less to run.

Yeah, I had a pair of the LED back up lamps on my last step deck trailer. They were mounted towards the center of the trailer due to limited space anywhere else. Waste of time and $$ as you could hardly tell they were on from the driver seat. Same if you were standing at the rear unless you were directly behind the trailer. I figured they would only be good for lighting if you had something to do back there. But If someone was standing in the direct line you were backing on they would sure get their attention though!!

Did I stumble upon the wrong forum? I thought we were discussing cubs.....

speaking of which

the 147 dug us out of yet another 4" snowfall- best $250 I've ever spent.

BRIAN W. - That $29.XX price was on the parts look-up above. The $9-$10 is more in line with what I saw at Blain's F&F.

NIC - Interesting info on LED's. Installing HID's on a CC would be neat too. HID's were an option on my little car, seems like they were several hundred Dollars extra.

My old #72 has replacement back-up lights from F&F, think they're $3.97 each and use a #1156 bulb. Like Tom H said, hard to "out drive" your lights on a CC. The OEM sealed beams on the 982 make a LOT more light, and pull a lot more amps too.

STEVE BAUER - Good Onan parts source I use is CUMMINS NPOWER LLC in White Bear Lake (St. Paul), MN, 1-800-642-0085. I forget the name of the Onan parts guy they have, but he's REALLY sharp on Onan's. Have all your numbers at hand when you call, spec, serial, etc. off the tag on the engine.

Daniel,
Geez, yes we're talkin' Cub Cadets.
Will someone post a pic of them on a Cub Cadet so no one else freaks out.
Geez....
facepalm.gif

Denny, I have purchased Onan parts from them for my off topic Allis-Chalmers. It's within a reasonable driving distance for me so I usually order over the phone and have them call me when the parts show up. Thankfully I have not needed to buy any Onan parts recently.

I like the thought of the lower current draw of LED lighting to ease the load on the Cub Cadet electrical system. I know I am stressing the electrical system on my #2 125 with 4 headlights and the strobe light on the Windbreaker. It would be nice to replace at least one set of the headlights with LEDs.

KRAIG - The stuff I've ordered from there they've had in stock, like a carb rebuild kit, various gaskets, points/condenser. Shipped same or next day depending on when I call them.

When I used to ask about Onan parts at my local CC dealer the parts guy would laugh. Depending on what and how soon I need the parts, I have had good luck getting them from ANOTHER large dealership that handles off-topic equipment... same brand your Brother sells. They've had to order them, but if I call early, the parts are there the next afternoon, or the second day if I call too late. The reason why I use them, the last Onan brand oil filter I bought at my CC dealer was over $20, I think $22. I get the O/T filters for $8 including TAX. A new oil pan drain plug was NLA from CC, that dealer ordered me a new drain plug for $3.25, and the nylon washer was $3.50, washer was too high priced, but the drain plug was unbelievably cheap IMO.

Thanks for all the help guys. While rebuilding the motor on the 982 is there any known problems or items i should be looking at to fix? I would hate to have to pull it apart again. Thanks

Here you go Daniel.Even has the right seat on it when the PO bought it...

283860.jpg

Here is the same one with the deluxe seat...

283861.jpg

A note on the 4411 head lights,$30.00 is crazy high,last year I bought some in the GE box for $5.50 at an old auto parts store,The store has been there in the same spot for the last 60 years.

Bought 8 of the GE 4411s two months ago for $4.50 a piece. Check around - you can buy em for that price.

Last time I bought a 4411 headlight it was at an O reileys 2 years ago. The guy brought out a crusty dusty box and asked me if it was going into an old car and couldn't believe me when I said it was going in a garden tractor. I think it was 12.00 or so at the time.

Just checked the price of a 4411 light on my Napa pro link, $8.08. retail may be a little more. six on the shelf. not too expensive or hard to come by.

Harry,

I sent .PDF scans of the Sales Guide to Kraig...I'm sure he'll find a way to make them available via the forum.....
happy.gif

S. Bauer,

This place has parts available: http://www.onanparts.com/ He sells and repairs generator sets. He is very honest and not overpriced. He goes by the initials TJ.

They have new and used rods PN 114-0357 (old # 114-0257), new rods - STD, .020” & .030” under for $84.50. I paid around $65 back in 2007. If you serious about rebuilding an Onan B series, don’t hesitate to buy parts. The availability is rapidly becoming very limited if not impossible.
Note the design difference between the new and used rods they have. The OE rods are thinner and have a large hole in the rod just above the journal, this is where 99% of the OE rods fail.

If you don't have a Onan service manual, get one. This will guide you in correctly rebuilding a B48
JimP

Latest posts

Back