• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Mower Deck #357 Frame to RockShaft them Deck Question

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tkhoffman

displayname
Tony Hoffman
Just got this 782 a while back with Snow Plow and Mower Deck ( frame included).
Teh assembly of teh Mower Frame to the Cub seems intuative accept that I believe one of the Blocks and Links is incorrect. One side looks like what appears on the parts listing (http://www.cubcadet.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/ARIPartFinderView?storeId=10051&catalogId=14101&langId=-1#/Cub_Cadet/357_38%22_Mower%2c_190-357-100/Hanging_Frame_%26_Mule_Drive/005950-A/0059500003) while the other side is a 'Z' shaped piece. The Rockshaft posts measure 9" across while the Frame will not configure to that with the bracketry that is on there. No way to hang the frame this way. No problem I can do what it takes to make this work.
Assuming I have the correct Links, is there enough 'play' in teh links to slide the Frame under the Cub, attach teh front then lift the frame up to get the links ontop the Pins on the Rockshaft? Is there enough movement in the Links to spread them and get them on the rockshaft pins?

Question #2. With Deck and Frame on the Cub; Is there supposed to be a locking handle of sorts to push in and lock to make room for the belt on one Idler spring? Something that you release and it tensions up the belt? I just have long threaded rods running out from those two forward idlers. Maybe someone can run through the Belt on process

Back