• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Archive through February 25, 2014

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Harry and Dennis; I asked about the hytran when I picked up the gallon of paint a week ago. The hytran is $26 a gallon. I hope they have the filter also.

At risk of being banned from the forum - I have used Mobil Fluid 424 or Rotella Tractor fluid for years, in 2 129's and an IH 2444. Hytran is a great product blended for Case by Viscosity Oil Co., but is very expensive. The only difference I see in comparing spec sheets is Hytran uses calcium sulphenate as an antiwear agent,others use zinc/ phosphorus. Have never had any wear problems, filter clogging, overheating or other issues using 424 or Rotella. Both 424 and Rotella are about $75- $80 for 5 gallons, if you shop around.

I thought you said HY Tran was expensive.I sell it everyday for $79.70 Its now called HyTraUltraction

Dad works at an IH dealer and he did mention Hy tran was going to have a name change (couldn't remember what it was going to) but he did say it's basically the same stuff.

DAN - Hy-Tran only has a name change when the formula changes. There was an article in Red Power Magazine a year ago about the change in Hy-Tran and it's new name. I didn't want to hunt around for my copy of the magazine, but Alexander had the new name.

It's the "same stuff" as far as it's backwards compatible, but is formulated different. IIRC, it's able to be used in New Holland power-shift transmissions now. The earlier formula's could not.

Hey Guys, my name is Nick and im new to the forum, im 14 and have 19 cub cadets and all the IH carts, i have 4 #2 carts LOL. Heres my newest addition to the collection. We went to PA to pick it up from our good friend Ray Weaver.
284031.jpg

Another pic, this was when we loaded it up, i have since got it running and it runs great. Needs a hydro pump gasket though.
284037.jpg

I had to put on a replacement tire temporarily, old one was no good, already fixed.Also came with a nice 38in deck.
284043.jpg

Latest posts

Back