• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Archive through February 07, 2007

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
biggrin.gif

Kraig.
Thanks for the comment. That Original was the 2nd tractor I did in Spring 2002. I have learned alot since then, kind of in the process of losing the rust battle on it now in places, the later ones I have done different, I can only hope better.

Scott T.

I lived in NYS in Chautuaqua Co next to Lake Eire for 33 years, looking at those pictures I don't miss shoveling of the roofs. Now that I live in SE Michgan, my cubs are in semi-retirement. Been in SE MI for 9 years and only once it has snowed more than 10". I have not had to use the thrower in the past two years, only a blade.

Jeff...
one of the sponsors above should have them, new or used...

Jim
what town? some of my college buddies from alfred were out that way...

Did some minor upgrades this week. Bought some new skids for my blade, homemade ones finally broke. Also tried on a new set of chains that I ordered a few years ago and never put on.

51345.jpg

51346.jpg

51347.jpg

51348.jpg

Brian, careful if you have a paved driveway, those v-bar chains will really tear it up!

I have a question about PTO's. Is there anyway to upgrade a pto on a model 1450 from a 1/2" belt size to a 5/8" belt size. If not, would a PTO from say a model 782 that has a 5/8" belt fit on the 1450? Thanks in advance.

Pat
I retrofitted my 149 to a new electric clutch w/ a 5/8 B section belt with no issues, other than having to change the pullies out on the mule drive and deck to match... the increased belt size really works well...

Brian,

Why the extra hardware on the skids? I just put new ones on my blade, along with a new cutting edge, and used the existing hardware.

Scott T. - Wow. That's some snowfall! Blow n' throw sounds good to me (although I'll need to get a blower first). Not sure how any of us would get in there though.
lol.gif

Scott, thanks for the reply. I have a model 450 2 stage blower that I am fairly confident will mount to my 1450, but the blower belt size is 5/8 vs the 1/2 on the pto. Do you have a source for the pto you bought? Also, does the 149 have a 14 hp kohler?
Thanks.

Pat, yes the 149 has a 14hp Kohler. The 450 2 stage snow blower might fit your 1450 but depending on what it was previously mounted to it might have a different lift system. When outfitted to fit onto a 982 or other SGT (Super Garden Tractor) it used a push rod rather then a lift rod. The SGTs have a longer frame/wheelbase.

Pat, hmmmm, even on a 1450 it might still need the push rod for lifting and then you'll have to have the correct bracket to add to the rockshaft. I'm not sure that this part will fit onto a 1450......

51357.jpg

YES, your post went by the wayside.
I also emailed you explaining why, as to not bring attention to the fact that you failed to read the rules.

Charlie

Kraig; I have not gotten that far with my little project yet. I am going under the assumption that if I can get the frame for the 450 mounted, I can somehow make the lift work. I have 1 complete 450 and a second one w/o the hitch. Both were free. My qa 42 works well except in the wet snow. I used to have an 1811 with the 450, but for some reason, I sold it. The 450 worked well, and I would like to get it hooked up to the 1450. Thanks for your comments and the schematic. That should come in handy.

pat
try looking for a clutch from a dixie chopper... it's a warner

Alittle late but nice tractors Tom! I'd like to have one of those scrapers, have to keep an eye out. I saw awhile back an original that had a brinly style rear scraper mounted via the three point. I can't remember whether it was homemade or not. Was one available thru IH or anyone else that was made specific for the IH Cub three point? I've thought about making/finding one becuase it seems it would work better than the sleeve hitch style.

Kraig--

Nope, gravel for me.

Steve--

The original threads are getting really shallow, I didnt want to take the chance of one of the skids getting loose and things getting bent or broke. Someday when I tear it down to rebuild it I'll weld new nuts in or fill them in and retap them.

construction.gif

Finally got a couple good pictures of the 100 that is almost done with a few little things to do to it.have a good day fellas,talk at ya later,Vern.
51362.jpg
51363.jpg

Hey Pops- HAPPY BIRTHDAY !!! (bet I'm first)

Charlie and Brian- Cubgradulations !!! Yesterday was the anniversary of the start of this forum. Bob Necker and Rick Goodman started it on Feb. 8 1998. It has grown a lot over the years, keep up the good work.

Back