Archive through February 01, 2011

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
DONALD - The individual disc brakes on the ends of the rear axles can be considered WET BRAKES if the oil seals on the ends of the axles leak bad enough!
clappy.gif
My old 129 leaked like a sieve from both axles plus the infamous cork gasket till I replaced both seals & the gasket.

Local weather-guessers are claiming 15-1/2 inchs of snow around Madison, WI. Frankly, I don't see it, drifts are not that big. But the winds have died down, probably going to clear things up outside in a couple hours.

Don,
The video is not like seeing it live.This baby running WOT was throwing snow 35 ft!!
Just ice pellets falling here but there is 5" of the stuff on the ground.

Thanks for your response Mike Frade.

With all the help that I received from this site, I need to do a couple of things for next year. First, I need to get accustomed to single stage blowers. Second, have a strong PTO .... the 100 that I tried to use just does not have it - the blower just stopped when stuffed with snow so it didn't have the guts to throw it out. Third, get my 123 dedicated to snow blowing for next year so that I can choose between using the plow or the blower.

For now I'll just have to get by with the ol 100's plow that I've been using for the past 40+ years.

Wayne M., Don T.
Myron Bounds posted a couple of years ago on another forum that according to IH Service Bulletin S-3497, dated 7/11/77, Models 1250, 1450, 1650 changed over to internal wet brakes as follows:
S/N 604164 to 605308, internal wet brakes
S/N 605309 to 605726, external brakes
S/N 605727 and above, internal wet brakes.
He added a note that according to the service bulletin, when the rear castings were modified for the internal wet brakes, the mounting holes for the ID plates were also removed.

He also posted that according to IH Service Bulletin S-3179, dated 12/19/75, Models 800, 1000, 1200 with S/N's 568544, 568574, 568578, 568581, 568584, and all (gear drives) S/N 568631 and above, were equipped with internal wet brakes.

Lewis, great video! Looks like you have that dialed in nicely.
greenthumb.gif

Looks like more of the machines had internal brakes. I will check the Serial #

Thanks for the help

Paul Bell

Thanks for clearing that up. I was wrong to think a 1450 had only disk brakes. Something to remember .

Well I finished the drive way with the 10" in no time flat lol.The 450 does move snow for sure. I was so happy I did two other drive ways. I could blow snow on top of my fiver no problem. I will make a cab for next winter so I`am dry and cozy. Thanks for all the help on this site for making my 450 a snow eating machine lol.

vroom.gif
Shift.gif

Snow may be too deep for my cubs I will venture out soon

Note To All
I started a thread in the sand box for
BLIZZRAD 2011

Latest posts

Back