• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Archive through December 27, 2006

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Tedd -

lol.gif
And no precip at all at MP 37.0 on the UP Harvard sub...

Jim,
The oil fill is on the upper right side of the 147. The oil checking dipstick is on the lower left side of the engine.
48818.jpg

I pulled the wheel weights off the old 2 wheel tractor today, but found that mounting them to the 129 isn't going to be simple. Although they fit neatly inside the 129's wheels, the mounting holes in the wheels put the extra mounting slot for the weights at a 45 degree angle to the valve stem. I dulled a couple of bits and managed to drill almost 1/4" into 2 1/2" of cast iron. Looks like I will have to drill the wheels for mounting bolts.
bazooka.gif

Bruce - slow speed and plenty of earl. A carbide masonary bit does pretty good too if you don't need to tap the hole after drilling. You ever try drilling the old cast iron window weights? Cardide tool in a lathe wont cut it! But it's fun to melt and recast ;)
As an added note: some cast iron just can't be drilled. Also the faster they cool it the harder it will be and since it was "production" it would have been fast. That's why all the holes are cast into weights.

Charlie, KENtucky, Bryan, and.......
No snow, no fost at all. If it were to stop rainin', I'd say let's go plowin'!!!

Terry the dipstick and the fill are on the left side no fill tube.Got the cab on looks good post pictures when I get them sized down to fit.

Hi Kraig McC.,

You mentioned that a hydraulic deck lift system was standard equipment on the CC 149s. I have a 125 with a hydraulic deck lift system.

Would you surmise that it would have been retro-fitted to my 125 or ?

Although mine works fine, are the hydraulic deck lift systems a preferred option or do most folks shy away from them?

Thanks in advance!
Ryan W
beerchug.gif

RESTORING A 100 CC ..RESTORED THE WIFES 70 AND NOW OF COURSE I WANT TO MAKE MINE UNIQUE,SO I DECIDED TO PUT A NARROW FRONT ON MINE WHERE THE FRONT TIRES ARE UNDER THE FRONT END,SEEN A COUPLE LIKE THIS IN MAGAZINES,NOT CUBS BUT I WANT TO FABRICATE IT TO LOOK LIKE IT HAS THE TRICYLE FRONT END,ANYONE EVER TACKLE A PROJECT LIKE THIS AND WOULD LIKE TO KNOW HOW THE LINKAGE FOR THE STEERING IS HOOKED UP TO IT,THANKS VERN

Back