• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Archive through December 27, 2006

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
If Bryan ever crawls out of bed and looks out the window he might see some precip
48815.jpg

Gary - Any IH Cub Cadet is worth buying if it's within your budget. The oil leak is common and not a hard fix. It'll be leaking from the line on the pump most likely or at worst the pump / gear box gasket. Take off the rear diff plate and clean the glop out and wipe it clean then change the filter with an approved filter and fill it with fresh IH/Case fluid and smile. Be ready for a gush of fluid when you pull the rear plate off!

I don't know why I said the leak is common, my 127 and 129 don't leak but other ppl have had a lot that do leak... maybe I need fluid in mine...

Thanks for the info. Now if you tell me what a pin tool is I'll feel much better...

Ken, hydraulic lift was standard on the 149. Steve B has a 129 which had a manual lift as standard. Steve installed a 14hp and a dual hydraulic lift with front ports.

... something that you may need but I got "out of mind" and can't get me head screwed back on to make , for now anyway. It pressed the drive shaft / trans input flange roll pin out. If you look in the "Machine Shop" link you'll find it down at the bottom.

Kraig -- I knew if I stayed in here by myself long enough I'd screw up! I can't remember nuttin anymore ... hence no PTs.

and we did about 20 emails today too ! Oh my raw finger!
I've got the "want to's" but when I get out to the shop I sit down. I'm still trying to clean up the shop from all the work I was doing making things for my mom a year ago.

seriously though I have been trying to talk a guy into helping me with the machining. If I can talk him into running the lathe and teach him how / what to do I may get up a production again.

KENtucky -

There ain't nuttin' happening downtown.

But that doesn't look promising for when I get back home...

Kraig,
Not sure why they would be hauling beets this time of year either. I spent 6 yrs up there at school and have been gone for almost 7 years now so my mind is a little fuzzy on that stuff. It is definitely a load of beets though. My guess is one of the plants ran out of beets and another had too many, or a farmer had some stored at his farm and is finally hauling them in. They process the beets most of the winter. There are big piles and if i doesn't get cold fast enough they end up with beet mush in the middle from the heat.

Kraig,
The only thing that grows up that way is taters and sugar beets and that's a beet hauler.
biggrin.gif

Grump,
How many times am I gonna have to tellya, it AIN'T snowin up here!
wedgie.gif

Sorry to go off topic from beets, but I have a IH Cub Cadet question.

Have a model 70 that won't stay running unless I hold the starter switch on....I have the points cover off, and as soon as I let the switch go, no more spark.

I just printed off the wiring diagram, but was wondering if any of you had any suggestions.

i am looking for the link to the online cub cadet parts manual, you have posted it a couple of times charlie, but i booked marked it on the computer at work....can you post it again....thanks
help.gif

Online parts list. Couldn't be simpler. Since we're talking about Cub Cadet's site, start there: www.cubcadet.com

Should be pretty obvious from there.

Charlie -

Unfortunately saying "here ya go" doesn't provide someone much to search on around here
wink.gif

Beets are on topic for fluid fill. Aren't they? I know I've read about them here before.

Hey, Ken: If you can't get off yer stool to make any more pin tools, mebbe you could rent them out. I could send ya mine to tide you over if you need. I think Digger has a spare or two also. I've never used mine, but I sure feel better knowing I have the proper tool should the need arise.

Latest posts

Back