• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Archive through December 27, 2006

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kweaver

displayname
KENtuckyKEN
Torin - unhooking the gov won't clear it up. When the engine is under load the gov is there to bring the rpm back to where you had it set. I unhooked a gov once and the engine ran wide open throttle, then a rod went to knocking then no more rod.

Digger - ya gettin any of the white stuff I see on the radar in your area? We were suppose to have had some yesterday but didn't get any. We may get some Sunday - Tuesday. (crossing my fingers!)

Snow! What's that?
There's not even any snow in Northern Minnesota for cryin out loud!
angry.gif

Since no one is talkin Cubs.
Ya know what happens when your side gate flys open going around a corner in Fargo!
48802.jpg

You string them along the highway for about a 100 yards! And have some goofball take pics of it.
48803.jpg

Just a little off topic, but he does own 2 Cub Cadets, LOL
I dunno if anyone knows Ray Stordahl or not. He started and owned Silverline Boats and he lives up at the lake and we see him quite often. We were over to his house the other day fixin his 1650 plus a few other things and he decided that a pic was in order. I'm the ugly one on the right!
48806.jpg

No snow here! With the way this winter is going any precitation we get will likley be as rain and/or freezing rain.
censored.gif

Charlie, what was in that truck? Didn't you hear the person with the camera say "CHEESE!"?
happy.gif

cub question ; the oil fill on my 147 is on the side by the points seen one by the generator like my 106 is that a year change.

Jim - supposedly the left one means that it was a replacement engine.

Hope everyone had a good Christmas... I'm finally gonna put the tri ribs on my cub, just took the front wheels off...
Off To The Garage!!!

Kraig - that looks kinda like coal but I've never seen it hauled in a trailer like that. If the shutter bug had a higher res camera ...

Digger - ya gettin any yet?
48812.jpg

This place is so dead I'm gonna go buy a mud slinger and join the off road forum

That would be a load of sugar beets. They like to at least overload the trucks and leave a few on the road. Never seen a whole truck load dumped though.

John U., thanks, that is what I was thinking as I know that is a big sugar beet growing area. I didn't think they'd be hauling this late in the year, or do they haul them year round?

In two weeks I'll be picking up a 149. It has a hydraulic deck. Did all 149's have hydraulic decks?

Gary - that was a dealer option. SteveB did a conversion on his a few years back and I bought the parts to do my 129 but never finished it. Now you'll have to call the 149 a 1450 ;)

The guy I'm getting it(the 149) from is the original owner. He bought it new in 74. He says he has maintained it well, but once I leave with it it's no longer his problem. We started it up and it did not smoke. It goes forward and backwards with no unnecessary noises. I think it's in decent condition except it leaks fluid in the rear between the rear wheels. The guy said it doesn't leak a half quart in a years time. Is this serious? Are there any other things I should check before I pay him? I do get a service manual in the deal.

Latest posts

Back