• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Archive through September 17, 2007

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Jim T., "Cub Cadets and flames????? Whooda thunk it?" Obviously you've never seen Don DuLac's Cub Cadet 100!
happy.gif

65232.jpg

Kraig,
Thanks for the info on the blade shrouds. Looks like I have a non-cast and part #9 IH -489351 in the drawing is what I need. I will search it out.
Peter

Jim,

In regards to the set screws, a left handed drill bit also works great!

Thanks Paul.

I was thinking on this a little more and seems to me that if you drill the set screws out (someone mentioned using a bit that would fit down in the head of the screw so as not to damage the threads) wouldn't you still leave the outside of the screw in tact and in the PTO? Yes, it should pull off relatively easily after that but how would you then get what's left of the set screw out? Basically the screw would still be in there it would just have a hole in it.

Peter,
When you see the price of the blade shroud assembly, you'll think that it's made of gold. If you can weld, try to make your own. Brian L

Jim - Somethings just require faith ;)
You'll be able to pick out the setscrew or stick something like a small flat blade screwdriver in the hole and turn it out.

Paul - I've searched all over for a left hand solid carbide bit. Yep a lefty would be best at times because if the threads above the screw aren't damaged bad then the bit will sometimes unscrew the little feller.

KentucK - I had to drill a broken exhaust manifold bolt out of a Ford 460 a while back - I got my left hand drills from Sears and Sawbuck..

This blows!! You all get to go plow I have to stay and make sure life goes on.

65262.jpg

Dad and Connie are serious about Cubbing thou
65263.jpg

We'll have one 'Bad Harvestor' sooner or later!! hahahaha Got front weight brackets being bent now on a cnc brake press as we speak..... Dang too late for fall plow day... Hope eveyone has a great time

65264.jpg

Littlest one is bustin' me for not having cubbie reddy for next outing(fall plow day)but things are getting better. Got new exausht, tie rod ends, clutch, gas tank,wheel weights, clutch. Been a pretty productive year over all.

65277.jpg

65278.jpg

One Bad Harvester!! Craig Morgan gets my vote on B93 Barn Yard!!!

Latest posts

Back