Archive through December 26, 2008

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

aaytay

IHCC Supporter
displayname
Home of the Plow Special
Steve-
I saw that you have your 782 up for sale, and it got me wondering...

1) Is Steve getting another "shopping cart" Cub?
<font size="-2">Gee, lets hope NOT!!</font>

2) Is Steve giving up <font color="ff0000">RED</font> for something <font color="119911">GREENE</font>?
<font size="-2">Not unless Satan's home-town is hosting an ice-fishing contest this year!</font>

...but finally

3) Is Steve getting a Supa' Cub?!?!?!?
<font size="-2">Me wonders if there's a Turbo-Diesel in your future!?!?!?</font>
1a_scratchhead.gif

Kendell-
Is the <font color="0000ff">BLUE</font> one a TIG?

Kendell - Company I used to work for owned Century Electric. They made some good welders.

RICHARD C. - I wasn't aware the 251 had the little consumables storage compartment on top. Nice machine!

ART, STEVE - I've thought about upgrading to the 210 but My 185 is about 10 yrs old been totally trouble-free and does everything I need.

Most everything I weld is thinner gauge steel. My MM 185 has six heat ranges and I've never welded on #6 and only used #5 a couple times. I did weld a piece of 2" square cold rolled bar onto a piece of 1/2" steel plate several years ago, it's the latch for the loader bucket on the Super H, it sees a little bit of stress. Two passes and a nice fillet weld and it's all good. I had the 185 set on #5 and about 70-80 out of 100 on wire speed. Owner of the local welding shop said I'd have better success pre-heating the parts to about 400 deg. F, I played the torch over the parts for 15-20 minutes, the Raytech said they were 385 so I started welding. After welding the first two long beads the parts were over 450 deg.

Last welder purchase was a Dynasty 200 DX about 3 yrs ago. Great little welder. It's Son's welder of first choice, I still use the MM 185 most of the time. We adjusted the Dynasty over to DC arc welding and played a bit one day a couple years ago. It ran some 15+ yr old 1/8" 7018 LH rod just as nice as a fresh stick of 6013. Wish I'd have gotten a DC welder sooner.

ART - I really can't see Steve on a green tractor, My guess is it's a Super. 1782 I bet.

Art:
Yes, it's a SynchroWave 200 - My retirement present to myself last year.. I couldn't justify the extra grand for an inverter type that also ran AC for aluminum, but I'm real happy with this one anyway. My only problem is I was trained to gas weld, so I'm pretty good at working the puddle - just can't get that "stack of dimes" down, my welds still look more like gas welds. I'm no good at dancing, either (if you know what I mean about a guy reeeeallly good at TIG, workin' the pedal). I've had that Century at least 10 or 12 years, got it at the local Farm and Fleet ((they're gone, too..). My previous TIG was a basic "Freq Box" with no pedal (no remote at all), so welding was a slow process with that. Imagine my surprise at how easy (and fast) the glue gun was - no electrode sharpening, no HV overlay surprises when working on a damp floor..(but for some of the hobby stuff I do, TIG is still the only way to fly)..

Back OT..(sorry Charlie):
The question I asked about the 190-364-100 45 Snowthrower (IH Design) - is this the same as the 450/451 ?? (I got to reading the PDF's in Charlie's library..)

To all, i want to start looking fo a used creeper gear for my 128 I am a new cubber so I am wondering what model cubs should I be looking at to get one off that will fit? someday i would like to mount a rear tiller on it.

A few years back I was thinking about buying a welder, then Art bought that blue one....

Art, I have several really nice files.
happy.gif

Jeff, a creeper from any of the gear drive <FONT COLOR="ff0000">I</FONT><FONT COLOR="000000">H</FONT> built Cub Cadets will fit EXCEPT for the creeper on the Original. However, the narrow frame Cub Cadets used a shorter shift lever on the creeper so you will have to lengthen it so that it will reach up through the taller tunnel.

Jeff, here's the creeper to look for:

112071.jpg

This is a narrow frame version with an extended shift lever:

112072.jpg

Art,

Flip over across the street and see if it makes more sense to ya........
happy.gif
happy.gif
happy.gif
(Merry Christmas to me...
happy.gif
happy.gif
happy.gif
)

I can't see Steve on a JD, except maybe to try out one of Robb K's. My guess is a Cub Cadet Super GT.

Lately I've been spending time on the <font color="119911">dark side</font> using my mom's <font color="119911">X585</font> to clear her driveway. I must admit the dark side is very seductive I do like the 4WD.
icon_eek.gif

Kraig,

happy.gif
happy.gif
happy.gif
happy.gif
happy.gif

Now I just need to get down there and pick it up.......

Steve, that looks like a very nice Cub. Cubgratulations!
greenthumb.gif
Be sure to take and post lots of photos when you get it home.
happy.gif

Tristan, your best bet would be to place an add in the wanted section. Be specific about what model Cub Cadet you want it for. If you are looking for the Windbreaker cab, note that the roof and rear curtain were optional on these so you may have to get them from a separate source. While finding a complete cab is nice, don't be afraid to buy just the cab portion, especially if it's in very good condition.

<FONT SIZE="-2">IMO, FWIW, YMMV, My $0.02, Yada, Yada, Yada...</FONT>

Latest posts

Back