• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Archive through April 06, 2008

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The local hardware store is going out of business. They had RV anti-freeze for %50 off. I picked up 2 cases and put 5 gallons in each tire. That's about 31 cents a pound for weight. Not a bad price.

I just looked at the plowday forecast. Hopefully it changes.
82176.jpg

82177.jpg

82178.jpg

I tried filling the tires on my 100 with RV antifreese, the enviro frendly stuff. Good thing too, cause when I aired back up the tires all 5 gallons came back out around the valve stem.
dunno.gif

Don T, Nice lift, who made it and what is the capacity?

Steve B, sorry about those corn fields, things grew up around here 20+ years ago. Hope that is all the mushroom homes for a while. We just might need those corn fields.

Dave

Steve B,
Sounds like it is time to move?
angry.gif
Fortunatley where I'm at the lots are all 2-3 acres so there aren't any houses right on top of each other. I hate seeing all the farmland get built up with houses.

BTW, what are DMI duals? I haven't heard of them.

Marlin, sweet!
buttrock.gif

Steve, I think I'd be sick and mad if that happened near me.
eww.gif
angry.gif
Bummer.
thumbsdown.gif

I am new to this site and need some help with my cub cadet 1250. I can not get it to start. the engine was rebuilt 2 winters ago and has only ran 3 times since. The engine will turn over but will not start even with starter fluid in the carb. I pretty much have rulled out any thing ignition related (points, spark plug, coil exc.)does any one have any advise?

Steve-
We had the same subdivision sickness around here too. Two summers ago they were building houses 7 days a week. We would literally see them popping up 1/2 mile away after being gone for a weekend! The only nice thing about this economy is that it hasn't slowed down...........IT's STOPPED! Kind of strange to see half excavated land just sit with fully built houses right next door.

Don T-
That "Canadian <FONT COLOR="ff0000">I</FONT><FONT COLOR="000000">H</FONT>" decal on that deck is cool. Kinda like the old Mercury Pickup trucks of the early 50's...

David - Are you getting gas to the carb ? Do you have a spark tester or at least a test lead to ground the plug outside the engine (away from gas) to see if it's firing ?
AND where's Van Lear ?????? Us hillbilly's want to know ;)

Todd,

DMI in Goodfield, IL (before they were bought by CIH) made tillage equipment, wagons, and clamp on duals (among other things).

At one time they made clamp on duals for GT's in a very limited production run. I've only seen 2 real original sets. (See pics) Mike Masheris made several sets of replicas and after seeing a set I had to have some for my 8.50 Stones.

82196.jpg

82197.jpg

82198.jpg

82199.jpg

On the subdivision thing....

Yes, I like the corn field, but the development brought a nice bike path, where the kids can ride their bikes off of the busy road, and a whole bunch of nice neighbors with kids our kids ages ( something we didn't have at all before), so it isn't all bad.

My saving grace is the fact that I'm on an acre (3x what they've all got), in the TWP (not the village => lower taxes), with no stupid subdivision rules (my black vinyl chain link fence sure looks nice...not allowed across the road), a park to the south (nice an open and easy to get to T-Ball games), alfalfa to the west and north (nice neighbors with 5 and 10 acre lots seperated by hay fields) and the subdivision is to the east, but across the road.

They all think I'm nuts for owning so many tractors....until we get a big snow, or they need something lifted, drug, hauled, plowed, tilled, fixed, tuned-up, or welded......then I'm their best friend!!!!!

Charley Thanks for info on tires just orderd a badley needed set. All ive got is 50% sand.need tracksion.Doug. in Taxass.

STEVE - DMI also used their Metal Bending abilities to build some of the best pickup truck bumpers available....Wyatt & I have them on Our F-250's.... His is more Agriculturally correct....has the shock-absorbing swinging/extendable drawbar where Mine is just the 10" drop chrome stationary drawbar rated for 10,000#/1000#

TODD M. - DMI also was the Pioneer of "TRIPLES" and FWD axle Duals. In fact Wilson Gatewood's FWA 5488 (from the RPM forum)was the "Poster Tractor" for DMI's dual & triple brochure.

I always thought DMI's blue/white tu-tone gravity wagons were the best looking in the industry.....SOME DAY I'm going to weld up a CC-sized scale model....Don't know what I'd haul in it...But it would be kinda cool.

on a 127, what is the most common leak for the hytrans fluid. i get a steady drip about every hr or so. i'm guessing it could be the filter being it probably hasn't been changed in over 10 years and i haven't put the new one on yet. i haven't had a chance to jack it up and see where its coming from yet.

how much fluid can the 127 hold. i have a service manual but it doesn't give me a quart amount. i need to order a copy of the 127 owners manual.

theo

Hi guys a better shot of the Cub lift. Bought at Canadian Tire for $59.00 but sold at ATV and Cycle shops down your way i`am sure. will lift 1500 lbs 16.5 in. i wish it went higher but with a seat it helps with the back. later DonT
82202.jpg

Theodore - About the ONLY place any IH hydro ever leaks is the cork gasket between the hydro pump/motor assembly and the rearend casting. It should be in the FAQ's for sure. And ALL IH hydro rearends use 7 quarts of Hy-Tran fluid for a fluid & filter change.

Theo: Or...you could have a cracked tube like on this 123. I'm trying JB Weld on this one, but if it doesn't work I'm going to cut it off and replace it with the simpler one from a 149.
dunno.gif

82205.jpg

Denny-
I've pulled a couple different DMI products, 7-Shank Ripper and a field cultivator. They're stuff is built STOUT. DMI stands for Design & Manufacture with Ingenuity . . . (or with IRON). For quite a while the company had a relationship with Kinze equipment, back in the day when they were famous for beating on Deere with their repowers . . . now they beat on Deere with their planters.

Back