• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Archive through November 10, 2006

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sblunier

displayname
Steve Blunier "Mr. Plow" (Central IL)
Guys, all I said was.....

If you're gonna call out a hot 420 or 430 Deere (with diff lock, 2 speed rear ends, weight advantage, track width advantage, etc) you had better have your sh!t straight.

Yes IH Cubs plow great, and a well tuned plow and tractor are a tough customer, but I know Jim D. personally and he has his equipment dialed in very well.

There is no shame in admitting that some of the 400 series Deeres are in a class/size of equipment that is a step above where the SGT's stop. Guys with Mustang GT's don't race Saleen or Cobra Mustangs expecting a easy win......

Was Jim trolling for a reaction?????...sure he was. It's all in fun guys and at PD we all have a good time no matter what.

We ended up with 8 inches of wet snow by noon today. Sorry but I did not have time to take photos, had to quickly plow driveway and get my butt to work.
I found out that 100lbs weight on each 6-12 rear ag tire aint giveing me enough traction on my 72.
44203.jpg

Looks like I will have to dig out the chains for the rears if I want to get more traction, got stuck a few times backing out of the ditch along the road where I pushed the snow to.
No I did not drive down into the ditch, just far enough so the front tires where on the down hill slant, spun the rears just trying to get back on to the road. I knoticed I had less traction on the paved surface of the road than on my gravel driveway.

I'm probably adding a lot of fuel to the fire by saying this, but at PD 12 my GEAR DRIVE 128 caught up to a JD 400 in front of me that was plowing extremely slow and about 2" deep. (I also have video of this, if Charlie doesn't believe me
happy.gif
)I was being held up by Deeres and hydros the whole time... only hydro I followed that I didn't catch up to was Glen E.'s 782.
happy.gif

44207.jpg

ok heres the pic i was trying to upload. I found this one in my friend's back yard after talking to him about internationals. A little paint wouldn't hurt to make it new again
beerchug.gif

Wild Bill, nope my 1000 is not 10hp. Just a little more[8 or so]and yes I pull a 12 with it. And nope my 782 is not stock either. All I can say with that one is ALL HAIL THE V-ROD!! Yes I was yelling. Even my 74 IH pickup is not stock. 427 Chevy in that one! I'll never talk smack to a 430 guy unless I'm sure he can't hear me. I kinda wanted a crack at his 2 bottom plow when I had my 782D. Maybe this spring when I get done with some improvements to the 782/Command. All in all, I flung some stuff out there for fun. Don't get tight guys and no one go away. I just like my grinders. Don't worry about tight spots cause my zero turn and son handle that. He's mowed down all the smaller obstacles. And I am to old to change direction fast. Whew!!

I never said any Cub Cadet I own will out perform a JD 430...but there has to be somebody out there with a Cub Cadet SGT that will give that 'greenie weenie' all it can handle.

Ahhhhhh, I see how it goes now Glen..............hidden 'secrets'

Nope. No hidden secrets here. Most all who plow with me know what I've got. The V-Rod sounds too different to hide. And my hoods are open for everyone to see the mess I've made.

44214.jpg

44215.jpg

782 w/Mag18, 12" sleeve hitch plow, fixed/notched coulter, high clearance plow frame.

Nothing "stock", nothing hidden, and ask Charlie about following it......
happy.gif
happy.gif
happy.gif

Oh, and this is 8" deep (dead furrow at the edge of my garden) with the same rig...

44217.jpg

44218.jpg

...or the Plow day at the Lucky farm in IN...1/2 clay and 1/2 sand make great GT plowing conditions. When the draft gets a little lighter the furrow walls sure start to look better, especially with sleeve hitch plows.

BTW, my garden is 1/2 way between Travis's black soil and PD12 IL black soil...no sand or yellow clay there...

Geez Steve. Plowing like that and no cheeking action going on like the guys ahead of you.

Glen,
Don't be shy. If you wanna hook on my 2 bottom just ask me. You will be surprised how easy it pulls! May be more cubs will wanna hook too!

V-ROD motors are the best and Honda's are jap junk as far as I am concerned, right up there with Kabota's!! Like Charlie says,
I'm gonna "duck and run" now.
beer2.gif

Ahhh, nothing like the smell of Cub Cadet exhaust in the morning...
coffee.gif

Anywho, Don, did you ever get my price request, er whut. Not tryin to be a pain, but Im lookin to rebuild/repaint my "169" to be, and that K341 would be great... Thanks, Glen. (Not A Want Ad)

<font color="ff0000">Perhaps, but dontcha think this would be better handled via e-mail or phone? Transact your business somewhere other than the forums, please...
bottom.gif
</font>

OK. Fine, but I only did it so that he might catch it here, because he hasn't answered his email. Not tryin to make enimies here, jus tryin to get my ducks in a row...
beerchug.gif

If I'm lucky, my "169" will look similar to this masterpeice, but stock, with red paint...
44221.jpg

Latest posts

Back