• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Archive through November 10, 2006

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thank you to one and all Veterans.

For you that served so we can play, it is a debt that we can not repay, I thank you from the bottom of my heart. I hope that this is at least a good start.

Have a safe and relaxing day.

For the rest of us, remember to thank a Vet or two today.
happy.gif

Thanks to all the veterans who have given us the best country in the world to live.

Jeff

I had the hood open on my 125 and as I cranked it over, the dipstick would jump.

Is this a sign of a major problem or should I just start it with the hood closed?

Thanks
Jeff

Jeff D.
That's caused by gases building up in the crank case, which is not a good thing.
Could be rings, valves or maybe the breather vent on the side of the block being plugged up.

Course I used to have an old end loader that would fling the dip stick 30 ft. in the air if it wasn't tied down.
biggrin.gif

Hello:

Any info on turning the muffler on my CCO Vertical? I'd like the exhaust above my son's face for Snow plowing. The muffler's shot anyway.

Mark

In memory of all those who has served,and the ones who have fallen,but not forgotten,THANK YOU.
44228.jpg

Thanks Digger

I'm hoping for the clogged breather vent as that would be the easiest fix.

wave.gif
Jeff

Can anyone tell me the correct way to measure a plow?10",12" ?Also;you can tune a piano,but you can't tuna fish;how do you tuna plow?
pop.gif

Hi Kraig,

Thanks for the idea about the lift rod. This tractor came with two lift rods; one for the snow blade and one for the snowblower. Any idea what the correct lenght is for a QA42A attached to a 1650?

The tractor also came with a couple mistry parts. From what I have learned here I believe is the lift bar for a 3 point hitch. Haven't been able to figure out the other one, and still no cammera to post pics. The other mystery part is a 12 inch (aprox.) piece of 5/8 inch bar stock. At one end is welded a hand-sized tirangle of flat stock, welded to the rod stock at one corner of the triangle, with several holes in it. At the other end is welded a 1 x 3 inch piece of flat stock with one hole oppposite the bar stock end. Thoughts?

FYI,

Stopping the National Weather Service radar loop did not work. We ended up with about an inch. But get this; 25 miles southeast of here, Rhinelander, WI they got 12 inches!!!

Eric N.
Kraig prolly won't be back till monday.

The lift rod should be about 26" long give or take a 1/4".
So far I've found 4 lengths for lift rods and all factory rods. Go figure!
The best thing to do is to set your front tires on a 2x4 with the thrower settin on the ground and the hydraulics all the way forward and measure from hole to hole, that way you have the RIGHT length for sure.

Digger and Glen:

Thanks, I like the Idea on what I believe to be Digger's 102,and your machine Glen. How do I go about geeting what I need to do that retrofit?

Getting Ready for SNOW here in Connecticut...

Mark

Mark S.
None of those tractors are mine. I don't much care for stacks.
As far as what you need. Get a muffler,(from a sponsor) some elbows or have a muffler shop bend something up for ya. Slap it on and your good to go.

Charlie- Please consult me the next time ya want to do your snow dance!!! Went through 2 cubs to clear a path in my driveway last nite, the 1450 with the 451 preformed great until the pulley on the 451 had issues with the lift mechanism. and then the blade on the trusty 582M had to fight me to the bitter end on getting put on in a hurry. And then to add insult to injury the damn angle pin shears off on the last pass!!! So now I have to hurry up and do emergency repairs on my snow crew before ya do your snow dance again. Thanks buddy, old pal, ect. !!!! You sure know how to say "Welcome Home" when I've been out of town all week with work!

Well, Mark S., the easiest way fur me wuz to go to the local hardware stores plumbin' section and ge me a one inch inside diameter cast iron pipe, about 18 inches long. threaded her into the block, measuerd enough so that the 149 muffler would clear the hood so's I can open it, and clamped the muffler in place with the existin' clamp, and put the old elbow in the storage bin... fur the top part, I used a standard auto shop 1 3/8 inch exhaust pipe at about 15-20 inches long, slapped a flapper on it, and held it to the muffler with their exhaust clamp fur that pipe size. Now, not knowin' whut pipe size(s) ur dealin' with here, itz up to you to choose the style, length, etc, but that's whut I did on my 149...
<font color="ff0000">IMPORTANT!!!</font> I also made a support bracket that bolts the muffler to the front casting under my hood on my 149 to keep the muffler from doin' that dance that leads to a cracked block..., and we all know that aint' fun... Glen

I want to say THANKS to all the Vets past, present, and future, for their service, and sacrifice.

Back