• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Archive through August 08, 2009

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well it was a hot one today at the Chapter #2 of Nothern Illinois Plow Day, but the wind was stiff and made the Ol' IH flag happy.
167955.jpg

Had a nice turn out. At the time of this picture we had 20 larger IH tractors. At last count we had 28 large tractors.
167956.jpg

Also had approx. 15 Cub Cadets. (Names to follow}
167957.jpg

Between water breaks and turing some dirt I didn't many Cub Cadet pix. Here are the names of some of those who showed up today.
Matt Gonitzke and his Dad, Mike Masheris, Brad Datisman, Trigger, Chris Engleking, Big and Medium Steve Blunier (with their cool weight brackets that appeared to work well), Paul Roessler, Todd Hall, Glenn Ericson (with his IH truck puller), and other that I can't recall.
I hope you guys had fun, maybe sign up with Chapter #2 and see what else we can come up with for IH fun.

I have a question about my model 72 , when I press in the clutch/brake pedal to put in in gear ,it acts like you are trying to shift it with out haveing a clutch ? any ideads on where to check first? Thanks for any advice.

When I posted the spindle pics I should have mentioned that they were still in the mock up stage. Brendon B,Yes they are beveled I milled the area where they contact the axle but it needs to be longer/deeper because as you see the washer between has a gap. That will be fixed tomorrow. Ryan W, No the tractor actually is level but those are 4.00-8 tri ribs which are slightly taller then original. I did mount the axle on the tractor to check it out and it appears to steer fine. So now to refine the rough spots and paint,then off to try real world testing. This will end up on my 70 with Danco loader so if it isn't up to snuff it wont take long to find out.

Anthony, check your clutch adjustment. look at the drive shaft when you depress the clutch it should stop

FYI: I know there is a site for pictures, but I was thinking there should be a site where members could add pictures themselves. So with that in mind I created this:

http://cubcadet.1.forumer.com/

The picture gallery is here:

http://cubcadet.1.forumer.com/index.php?showforum=2

Keep in mind I do not want to supplant this site or other Cub sites, but wanted to have a gallery for pictures so if some one asks what a Cub Cadet 582 looks like.....

MARLIN - Back when Dad was still farming We always used the '51 M to grind ear corn for cattle feed, tractor, grinder, & elevators & augers in the driveway of the corn crib. The old '39 H wouldn't pull the grinder, and it was absolutely EVERYTHING the Super H wanted to pull it but We did use it for a couple weeks every year. We tried grinding with the 4010-diesel ONCE for about 5 minutes, the stck muffler & extension blew all the exhaust up into the floor joists of the over head grain bins and the cooling fan blew the exhaust back to where I was shoveling the ear corn into the elevator. That was a much stronger dose of diesel exhaust than rding on your 782-D and yes, I was seeing little pink furry animals!
lol.gif
The 4010 was never put on the grinder again! I even plan my work in the shop around when and if I need to move my Powerstroke into or out of the shop. The ten seconds it runs while moving it into/out of the shop gasses Me out for a couple hours.

CLINT - I've never heard a hydro "Squeal" but they do whine and some whine a LOT. Since it still works when it cools down I suspect maybe it needs a fresh change of Hy-Tran & a new filter.

TODD W. - What brand of 3-rib front tires are those? I need a couple sets, one for the 70 & I really need a set on the 72. Nice work on the upgraded spindles!

TOM H. - I gotta find Me a three bottom #60 or $70 plow to take to plow days! I'd really like a 3-bottom but I gotta do some work to the Super H so it could pull it! The M wouldn't have ANY problem! I spent enough time digging trash out of a #8 plow I'm not getting one of those! Not near enough clearance for today's conditions!

Tom H Great plowing & my 882 got in a pic.Next time U are picture taking ask subjects to say WI cheese first,so we can go to the back of the crowd.
Slant%20Tongue.gif
A pleasure to meet all ! Maybe I'll have decided what I'm going to repower my 782 with,a Honda, Kohler, Kubota, or Cat & can have a plowing partner for the next go around.Did U guys get wet ?

Dennis F They are Deestones 400-8,From Tucker Tire They are definitely a little tall compared to the original ones. I have heard the 3.50-8 tires are shorter but was worried about the narrow tread. Thanks for the compliment on the spindles.

Bruce & Ryan,
Thanks for the comments and suggestions.

Bruce,
I thought of ring wear after I posted. Sorry.

Ryan,
I did use the piston to make sure the rings were flat before measuring the gap.

I measured the cylinder diameter in 5 positions from the top of the cylinder at 90degrees and in line with the crankshaft on 3 different occasions. I know, a bit too intense. I used the piston to make sure that the gage was level in the cylinder. I used a telescoping bore gage very similar to the Amazon one.

I deglazed on Saturday and that went fine. Now to start buying new parts.

(Ran into another issue this weekend that I'll write about in another post.)

Thanks again.

Back