Archive through December 07, 2008

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Bobby, at the rate you're knocking them down, there aren't gonna be many ducks left to head north come spring. I think I might have to help the wood duck population by building some new houses to put up around the spring at the cabin.
happy.gif
We had some up but a bear tore them down a few years back.
angry.gif

Kraig;
I'm lucky if hit a duck,especially a ringneck.They sound like like little jets when they smoke by! All my avain shooting friends put up wood duck boxes also;we try to keep things right and we only shoot our limit. At the refuge there is an estimated 50,000 ducks of varied species,and we don't even live near a major flyway.We are well blessed! We even have resident Canadian Geese that have taken over at Lake Eufuala!We have two more weeks of deer season and it's peak rut so I'll give the duckies a break! LOL! I also eat all game I take so there is no waste.
Bobby.
proud.gif

WOW Bobby, you guys are really pounding the ducks!
Shotgun.gif

It's nice to see that you take only your limits, and eat what you shoot!
thumbsup_old.gif

Thanks Bill! We finished up this morning;took a couple ringnecks,woodies and one merganser.It was a great season;now we need to get tuned up for turkeys and water moccassins!
Shotgun.gif

Wow....you guys are about ready for a break from ducks then I would guess
biggrin.gif

I was going to go back to the woods and get some more squirrels this weekend...but Tuesday morning at work, I had a piece of equipment break, and I ended up with a pretty badly messed up spine. The Dr. told me I was very lucky to not be in a wheelchair, paralyzed from the waist down.....

So shooting anything is out for quite a while I'm afraid
bash.gif

get a cub out an make a path for them lol i bet that much snow would thin the deer out by the end of winter

Last day of deer season in Alabama! Took a high-tined seven point.Weighed in at 190 lbs. Not bad for South Alabama! Shot this deer with 30 year old(plus) Remington 742(in a .243),using a 50 year old Weaver K4 scope at 175 yds. Am I lucky , or what? Then I drove him home in a 25 year old Toyota 2WD truck. Kind'a reminds you of a Cub,huh? Old, but still kickin!
Shotgun.gif

114090.jpg
114091.jpg

I am blessed! Glory to God!

Bobby-
Your hunting pictures make me envious!
clappy.gif

Also, I'd like to see a pic of that 'YOTA' if you have any...

Bobby, very nice buck! How about a side shot of those antlers? I agree with Art, I'm getting quite envious too.

I sure wish I had more time to get out hunting. I did get out to the farm a week ago to do some scouting for coyotes. No fresh tracks, at least there were some tracks. I'll have to find the time to get out and see if I can call anything in.

Latest posts

Back