Archive through December 26, 2008

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have a 100 that seems to have a problem in the differential. The wheels want to spin in opposite directions like it is in gear, but it is not. I pulled the transmission and took the shifter off. All is working fine there. In neutral there is no rotation transmitted to the differential, in gear there is. I just need to be able to push it around my shed for now. It is a non-running project.

I am finally going to get the hydro lift put on the 106! I have a lift rockshaft coming from another forum member who gave me a nice deal on it. I think I will start the teardown tomorrow and get the manual lift off. I was looking at where the seat rests on the fenders and was wondering where I can find those little rubber bumpers that are on there? I will post a pic in a few minutes. I just need to go out and take a pic to post so ya'll know what I mean. Also I know that there spacers between the hydro lift mount and the frame, I dont have those. Can I use pipe? And how thick should I cut them to?

J.D.: Do yourself a favor and get Hank Will's "Cub Cadet the First 45 Years". It is SO worth it!
Tom: I'm going to stick my neck out, here, and say that's normal. Like if you jack the rear wheels off the ground and turn one, the other turns in the opposite direction.
beer2.gif

Don T.: Skype?
Scott: CC Specialties has those seat bumpers, someplace in Minnesota. Even has a set that are longer than normal and supposed to make it easier on your back. (Can you tell I've been looking at them)? Don T. has a set on his 147 and I haven't got around to asking him about them, yet.

James:
The -a models of the QA-36 and QA-42 (QA36-A and QA42-A) fit the WF Cubs. I'm trying to get some info on whether the 450/451 style two stage was also adaptable to the earlier than -82 series Cubs (there appears to be a frame kit for the 1450/1650 to mount the 450....)

Okay here's what I'm looking for. I had an idea of something to use yesterday, but it totally slipped my mind today! I hope this pic helps!

112110.jpg

Tom S,

Not sure what you are doing but if you have the rear end of your cubby jacked up and rotate the tires, they will spin in opposite directions. It seems your differential is doing what it should. If you are trying to push it around the garage and the tires won't rotate then either you have it gear or you have problems with your transmission output pinion shaft.

Scott: You're too quick. Read below on the seat bumpers. Let's get this page turned! (Bob Seger)
bouncy.gif

Frank, sorry I'm too quick! Thanks for the info, I will check them out. I had my wife shaking her head at me, she doesnt even bother to ask what I'm doing "out there" anymore!
clappy.gif
icon_eek.gif
(Too much coffee!!)

Frank, Your probably right!!!

Update..I just want to be educated on the model #s made after 1981,the super garden tractors???

With the help of Roland Bedell's colored wiring diagram Fancy and I have the 125 up and running again. Two wires were exposed where the harness and steering column go through the opening in the frame. No wonder this is the first winter that I had to jump start the 125. Warm weather sure helped today. A BIG Thank You to Roland!!!

Jason D. I can't promise that I could make Waterloo, Wisconsin next year. My Original is in the back of the garage awaiting its turn next summer for some refurbishing. I'll see how the $$$, how many shutdowns the company has, etc. if I can make someting like that.

As for welders. I originally thought that I had bought a 70 amp stick welder from a former coworker a few years back. It is only a 50 amp... generic at that. So far it has welded one of the Cub trunions without any trouble. A good friend welded on their one four wheeler and while that weld held another area on the critter broke. Yes, I need to get my ex father-in-law's old Forney welder running only you don't necessarily need a high dollar welder to weld a trunion. Just one that does a good job.

MIck M. Now that is one clever idea for a cab.

Latest posts

Back