Archive through December 24, 2008

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Merry Christmas all... I get the pleasure of working today
censored.gif
. But hey... people need electricity on christmas too and contrary to popular beleif, the grid dont run itself!

On topic though, I just got my tire chains in the mail yesterday and my plow is mounted. Some additional weight is the last thing to do. 10 day forecast for central ohio shows no snow. meanwhile my folks in upstate NY have already pushed their snowbanks as far back as they can and are running out of room for any more snow.

Well <font color="ff0000">SANTA</font><font color="000000"> let me down, but Charlie
angel.gif
saved the day. Now I can finish my 1650.

112041.jpg

</font><font color="ff0000"><font size="+1">MERRY CHRISTMAS ONE AND ALL</font></font>

Jim Hayes: (from wantin'/lookin') Thanks, but it's not just for me (although a lot of it is, I admit). If the upper part of the trunnion arm could be reproduced in such a fashion that the average Cub owner could cut the old one off and install a new piece with the properly sized slot without either taking the pump or the whole tractor to someone who is more "metally inclined", I'm betting a lot of owners would appreciate it. Also betting that someone's going to come up with a way in the near future. Question is: "Who"? I'll send this to anyone interested in working on a solution:
112045.jpg
112046.jpg
construction.gif

<font color="ff0000"><font face="courier new,courier"><font size="+1">Merry Christmas to all of you from the Stanton family!</font></font></font>

Hope you all are haveing a great Christmas!The kids woke us early this morning,It sure was a blast.

Does Anyone here belong to the National International Harvester collectors club INC?Or a local chapter?Just wondering,Looks intresting!

Charlie, You buy that monster?Very nice.My dad had a dodge ramcharger with a snow plow at his house before he moved to Idaho.Now hes got a tractor!!

Frank why dont you come up with the answer!!Im confident you can do it, and you have Ideas in your head dont you!

Brendan
thats one intresting cub,I now see why you call it frankencub.Great imagination,Remember when Ken (Kentucky)used to post about the home made tractor he made,doing wheelies and burn outs!

Frank C. that's a really bad idea, if you could replace the trunion arm how could you justify buying a MIG????

112048.jpg

Sorry, I just couldn't pass that up. I know it is hard for the people that don't have the resources or the understanding wife. I would gladly fix it for free for anyone living near me.

Frank - I was working on an idea in my head to make up a little rectangular plate with a cutout the correct size of the hole in the trunnion that could be screwed/epoxied onto the existing trunnion. I found somebody to weld up the trunnion on my 129/149 project, so I didn't have to go that route, but I think it would work.

I hope to get a welder early next year, so I can weld the trunnion up on my second 149 myself. I also need to do some mower deck reconstructive surgery, them maybe build a PF loader...

<font size="+2"><font face="times new roman,times,roman">Merry Christmas everyone!</font></font>

112051.gif

Kenneth

Frank:
It's buried kinda deep, so maybe you haven't seen this, but with the proliferation of hobbyist level welders, it really makes more sense to do the repair as shown (you MUST know somebody with a welder..) rather than take the entire pump assy apart...<FONT SIZE="-2">IMO, FWIW, YMMV, My $0.02, Yada, Yada, Yada...</FONT>

You're right, Kendell, I did miss that one. Thanks. I did print out cubfaq.com #33 yesterday, which was stolen from #14. #14 is more detailed. This arm came from a pump that I took apart a couple years ago, just to see what it looked like inside. The housing is on its way to West Point, Utah as we speak. A complete pump won't fit into a large USPS Flat Rate box, and can cost about $30 to mail, although I think UPS is somewhat cheaper.
err.gif

Chris: That's another option, for sure. I think it would have to be an upper and lower plate to keep the big spring centered.
coffee.gif

Frank C., you can send the trunnion arm over here. i have an idea that we spoke about in your Cub shed while enjoying a few Canadian Ale.and while your at it include the O mower part you have there lol. oh wait there is more mower parts coming in a few days. ( did i tell you that yet) LOL
I`am ready to make a replacement T A but i will want to include all the parts to sell as a complete fix .. later Don T
old.gif

Andrew,
Did you clean the carb. I have the same problem with my 70 cleaning carb right now hoping it will get the varnish off 2 years not running does a number on it. also try adjusting the gas flow maybe need just a little bit more gas had to do that to my 72. hope you get it going

Jason D I'm member of WI IH Collectors/ National IH Collectors. Come to the Midwest for your summer vacation--- Waterloo,WI is hosting WI Farm Technology Days July 21--23 & Madison is hosting 20th Red Power Roundup July 23-25 2009.
ihrotate.gif
100's of <font color="ff0000"> RED IH Tractors</font>, trucks ,Cub Cadets,etc!!! The two sites are only 30-45 minutes apart...

The parts lookup for a 1450 and 1650 shows the two-stage "190-364-100 45 Snowthrower (IH Design)" as an attachment, but the mounting frame looks not to be a Quick Attach. I'm looking at prepping the 149 for snow duty next winter, would really like to throw the driveway gravel (and snow) further than the '42A will do it on the 129 (especially with the heavy wet stuff that a two stage is much better at). Has anyone put one of these on an older WF??
confused.gif

This may be more relavent to my clutch safety switch Question, Which manual from binder should I get for my 1200,I'd like to be able to have diagrams to consult.
I'm a bit confused on what to order. Thanks for any/all help.
Merry Christmas!

Frank C.-
I agree with Richard. REALLY bad idea to "steal the thunder" from some guy trying to explain to "The Mrs." why he needs a welder to weld up his worn out trunion.
happy.gif

That said, I've welded up a couple of worn ones for friends who don't have welders. It literally takes more time to get the welder out, and put on the mask than it does to do the actual welding-repair, so I'm happy to help.

<font size="-2">If anybody local is listening, "yes" bring it over and we'll buzz it back up for ya..</font>
happy.gif

Earl Ford_ Give Binder a call and tell them what you just posted. They'll help figure out what you need, and won't try to over sell you. That's basically what I did, when I first found this site, and didn't even know where the serial no. was, let alone what model Cub Cadet I had.

Latest posts

Back