• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Archive through December 17, 2012

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jsalatino

displayname
Jonathan Danial Salatino
What do you guys use to make your own gaskets? I plan on making up a complete set of gaskets for the trans/rearend , I did manage to save a old set last year without breaking them / ripping them apart.I know some people use the stuff in a tube,I dont wanna go that way,its messy and no matter how hard you try,it always shows,Soo I picked up a roll of Fel-Pro gasket material, its " Rubber-Fiber Sheet " for sealing oil,water,or gasoline! its 1/32" thick.I'm sure I'll need another roll or two for everything. I'm wondering if anyone else has used it b4. I know you can buy the gaskets in sets & each one. Rather not spend the money if I can make my own,somtimes thats half the fun,esp. when your not in any hurry to get them done. thanks

Thank you Kraig for help with posting pics. My most presentable CC's at the Michigan IH collector's show this past summer. 72 w/ creeper pulling #2 trailer w/ 526 walk behind Cadet tiller & 147. Towed by 77 IH Scout SS ll.
250660.jpg

Charlie was here.
250661.jpg

Little Donnie Tanner,
Here's was Paul B. was talking about when he said,"because of the way it is indexed".
250663.jpg

The one of the left is the one you have, the one on the right is what you need unless you bend yours.

Thank you Charlie. I still need to learn how to arrange pics.

Paul W.
All you gotta remember is to hit the Enter key after each pic link you do and you'll have it whipped.
biggrin.gif

Few items I aquired in a trade recently with another Cub Cadet collector / user. Pincor generator (needs repair) and a 1200 w/ creeper - my first Quietline. Also got a Brinly disk.

250672.jpg

Charlie was here again.
250673.jpg

Thanks Paul B and Digger for the info. I do have a few weeks to go before I bring it home . Now you tell me I will be breaking pins. What do the pullers us in place of those pins. I would like to know if the creeper will handle a 14 K; or do I need to rethink what and how to make a std working tractor.I bet they would change gears in the trans to get a strong pull but they would still break the pin near the rear end?! I do Have a running 10 and a 12 that I could use ; I just thought a 14 k would be better, nothing like lots a HP !

What will I use the 14 K in ? I would like to see that engine in use in a tractor.
1a_scratchhead.gif

I have a 16K in a gear drive with no problems. I would not worry about the pins flying out, IMHO the shear pins are cheap, very cheap insurance.
The rag joint was used to keep everything
"floating" in the QL's. Might take some of the shock load off the pin if you a gear slammin' kind-o-guy.

Don't worry Charlie, If I turn the lights on and they work, I'm good even with the power curve loss.

Those look like the Dietz tail lites I found on my 169

Paul, Jeff, Charlie - did someone mention tail lights? Hmm, do they have squared corners?

Looks like the guys around Madison, WI better grease up the snowblowers and charge the digital cameras!

worthless.gif

YEAH ART... I'm getting the old QA36 out of cold storage and puttin it on the old basket case CC#70 because...well... Those little 7 & 8 HP Kohlers are "SNOW EATING MONSTERS" I hear. When I get done here I'll run it over to Paul R's 20-22 miles away and clean most of Waunakee's streets, drives, sidewalks , etc. Should only take a half a tank of gas too.

Our favorite local weather-guesser this morning says 6-12 inches around Madison, and to the north & west maybe as much as 16+ inches. He's our favorite weatherman because he's ALWAYS wrong. And like after ALL snow storms, temps drop into the teens and the wind picks up so blowing/drifting on Friday.

There's an area down around Dubuque, Galena, Stockton, IL extending across the border into SW Wis. that could get 18-24 inches total according to the maps. That should be close to Jeff B, Dave R., Wes H.

I'm 35 west of Dubuque and I'm gettin' the 1650 turned around facing the door, gassed up and stick the charger on it and my new magnet heater on the hydro ready to rock and roll just in case the band does show up!!!
happy.gif

Dave S.

Denny, come on over! I do need to get my Cub Cadet Windbreaker down from its perch & mount it. Also need to check & top off gas & diesel tanks & cans! Oh yeh, chains on the good unit...
Shift.gif
.... Art come & join in & guide us in the Art of PICS/Tech!! PWR

Dennis, thje weather guessers have me out of the heavy band. Using my last day of vacation today. Told the wife she is going to be helping put canvas cab enclosure on the 1650 before she goes to work. That will put the 106 with blade ready to go, 1650 with enclosure and QA42A snowthrower ready, and if the 16+" comes, the M and v-plow is ready in the corner of the shed. Bring it on.

Wish I had some sort of enclosure. Pushing snow with 50-60 MPH winds I read about on another forum with temps in the teens doesn't sound like much fun. The local weather-guessers say the winds will pick up after the snow but didn't really say how much.

Just checked a wind chill chart, 15 degrees and 30 MPH winds equals 26 below zero. Have Carhartt's, Will push snow.

Think I'll get another five gallons of gas today too.

Charlie, Dtanner,
<blockquote><hr size=0><!-quote-!><font size=1>quote:</font>

Here's was Paul B. was talking about when he said,"because of the way it is indexed".<!-/quote-!><hr size=0></blockquote>
That is part of the "indexed" of the two levers. It has been awhile since I have had a WF and NF creeper apart at the same time, but if I remember correctly, if you slide a hole fitting pin or drill bit through the center hole (or any of the holes)of both levers, you will find the verticle part of the two levers, or the part of the levers that the knob screws on, will not be on the same plane, there will be a few degrees difference. In other words, one will lay flat on the surface, the other will not. The holes are not "indexed" (in relation to the 90 degree bend) to the same degree around the circumference of the lever stock. Clear as mud? Stick a hole fitting pin through both center holes and take another picture. But I could be wrong.......

Don,
If I understand what you are asking about a creeper, they will not necessarily give you more "pulling power", they are not like a Torque Amplifier (TA) in a farm tractor, they are simply to reduce tractor speed in applications that require high engine RPM, such as when using a rear tiller or snowthrower, and it will be much happier if you don't try to shift it with the tractor moving (and so will you) and do not try to put the tractor in "neutral" using the creeper, as per the operators manual.

Latest posts

Back