Archive through December 12, 2009

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Kendell Ide
Its great that you think so muck of this( CUB Cadets) that you would offer your time on this.This will help many who want a poven system that works. Thanks , this way i`ll give what you post a try also.
help.gif
greenthumb.gif

MYRON B. - Don't You HATE buying ONAN parts? $$$$$$$$$$$$. Another thing to look for on the Onan's in 982's, the "Power Needle" or main fuel jet is on the bottom left side of the carb float bowl when sitting on the seat. My Onan leaked a bit of gas and would leak the fuel bowl dry. Made for a LOT of cranking to get the thing started. Went to my local Cub parts store and the carb gasket kit came back "NLA" as an IH part number. Also the rubber hose from the crankcase to the back side of the fuel pump in the blower housing typically is NOT clamped, short hose, maybe five-six inches long, 1/4" ID, if it comes off either the pump or block the fuel pump stops working.

Also the ONAN ignition points seem to cause several of Us problems. The points in my 982 seem to work "Closed" which results in poor running and eventually a no-start. Plus blow-by gasses can get up to the top of the engine and cover the points with oil....very very bad for them, they'll burn the contacts.

Dennis F: Yeah, those Onan's are both ornery and pricey to find parts (if available). If ever I have to replace the engine in the 982, I think I'll go Kohler (and that ain't cheap either) - at least you can find parts...

Myron B

I really do not like the Onan CCKB in my AC 620 when it comes to buying parts for it. They are either NLA or so darn expensive I think it must be the last part in existence, which could be the truth and it's one part away from being NLA. When it's running properly it sure has lots of torque though. It also has the "self adjusting" points like Denny's.
angry.gif

Dennis Frisk
thats quite a list! no onans here wow. I have one more deck to clean and the last three in total. Later Don T
182518.jpg

I should paint this after xmas.

Don's posts are often entertaining to read. Not sure if "muck" should really be "much"...
1a_scratchhead.gif
dunno.gif
dizzy.gif

Nova Scotia, recent rain and snow, 40*, he meant muck.
asthanos.gif

Kraig McConaughey "Keeper of the Photos"
And to think I reread that more than once,This won`t be the last.lol Done here got a few to put away . I drove a 16 pas Van for three months moving people around they all were special needs people but I learned to look at the people not what was there isue. Another good day here.ged
geterdone. later Don T
182522.jpg

182523.jpg

done mucking around for today lol

I had an opportunity to use an (OT orange "big wheel") with a 16 Horse Onan in it - I reallllly liked how smooth running it was (and it didn't even have balance gears
clappy.gif
)

Latest posts

Back