• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Archive through December 12, 2009

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jmuncie

displayname
Jerry Muncie
Thanks, Brendan. After about 2 months of mulling it over in the back of my mind, this idea finally hit me yesterday after removing the bearing race and studs from a hub and chucking it up to check run-out. Planning is great, but sometimes I have to get my hands on something before I finally figure out how to make it work.

Jerry

Jerry, you may be on to something, as I had to clean the paint off of the bedframes before it really started to work...

your spindles are looking good!!

Jerry M.,
Would it be worthwhile to turn the spindle pivots down a tad and then overbore the axle beam end a tad and then press in a standard size brass bushing to snug it all up?

Similar to a older Ford truck king pin setup...

Ryan Wilke
coffee.gif

Ryan,

I'd like to do that, but I haven't figured out how to fixture the spindle. If I do figure it out, then the spindle could just be built back up and turned to the stock diameter and the bushings bored to the stock 1". It's easy to hold the ends and turn near the bend, but I need to hold near the bend and turn the ends.

Jerry

OK Guys...bear with me. I'm again trying to resize and get to where I can upload. If it takes, this will be the 149 I'm working on. This pic is from last September when I just got started.

182493.jpg

It looks like I finally succeeded uploading a pic. I do want to thank all of the guys that helped via email. It's been a couple of months now because I got frustrated and walked away for a while (ok, 2 months). I have many pics that I'd like to share but I don't want to bore you. I plan to get a group pic of the guys (cubs) but that will be a few days away because of rain and bad weather. It may not even happen until spring. I also have questions that posting pics would help to ask. I have other things that I've made that will belong in the sandbox but never the less I want your input for possible improvements. I actually feel more like a member now that I can show as well as tell.

Some of the guys are RPalmer, BNolte, FCurrier, THenrie, and probably a few I overlooked. Thanks again for allowing me to remove the "worthlessness" from my posts.

Wayne

Wayne S: Congratulations!. Good photo.. B-U-T please do not forget to hit a C/R (enter) both BEFORE and AFTER uploading!. That'll keep the photo's at the left margin and stack 'em vertically - not horizontally and require everyone to have a 9 foot wide montor to view them...
angel.gif

Myron B

Hi - I don't have my K241 engine here, but I am trying to find the size of the threads on the exhaust port. When doing an engine rebuild, we pulled it off, and kinda screwed it up, so I have to make a new exhaust manifold. Is it 1" NPT? Alternative would be to buy one, but I can't find any that are decent. Any ideas? Thanks

DAVID L. - Yes, K241 up to K321 exh.port is tapped 1" NPT. The two blind tapped holes are 5/16"-18 along side the port.

Anthony Murray
since they don`t have an oil pump I don`t see where it would be worth wile. I`am sure the k series have a dipper system. my .02
coffee.gif

Anthony M.,
Sure -- and there isn't any better spot than another, you can mount it anywhere and it'll read the same pressure,,, zero!

But that gives me the idea that I may just mount one one on my Cub, just to get passerbys to take a double-take I suppose...! <wink,wink>

Ryan Wilke
coffee.gif

Does anyone have any info on the maximum torque that is delivered to the axle on any of these stock unaltered Cub Cadet tractors-- like the 782 hydro, 129 hydro?? Ihave looked here and there but have nort seen any info....

Thanks.

I'm at it again. This should be my 1250 worker soon after a mow, not wearing its panels, and dirty.

182500.jpg

Electrolysis update...
I let the test piece run overnight last night. By the time I went out this morning, current had dropped to 0.4 A. Most of the paint was loose and bubbly, but the rust didn't appear to have changed much. This part started with heavily pitted rust. I shut it off this morning because I was going to be gone all day.

Tonight I removed the test part and replaced it with a steel bar that I cleaned up with the disc grinder. I reversed the voltage and turned the power supply on. It jumped to 2.2 A and has been gradually climbing for half an hour. I'll let it run all night in hopes of cleaning the mill scale off the electrodes. If this works, it will make electrode cleaning easier.

Jerry

Does anyone know what the engine mounting bolt size is on a 100? I can't find it in the parts lookup, or I'm looking in the wrong area.

Back