• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Archive through December 08, 2008

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Richard Christensen
clappy.gif
49 degrees funny man!Same front must be running through here!It rained for the 6th time this year!

What do you all think about using a wirefeed welder to weld up the frame on the 123? I have to fill 3 holes about 3/4 inch and RE weld the frame.All thats available to me is the wire feed and a stick....Although I have a old lincoln in the gerage with a 4 cilinder flat head Red Seal engine in it,Runs great but havent welded with it yet.

Harry A 70s gordan and smith long board huh that reminds me of.......not here,I know!! Harry how bout some pics of the cub we would like to see it

Frank, funny you mention that because it does! Figured I just shut it off between runs and that's normal. You're telling me it's not? I read the Nov 1 thread. I'll check the float level and seats, etc... maybe put a filter on the gas line, re-check needle adjustments. Thanks so far...

Hydro question for the IH Cubs. Many of us have experienced the cork gasket leak between the hydro unit and the rear-end case. I have noticed on a tech bulletin for later cubs that the oil drainback hole (point where the gasket is the thinnest) is eliminated, thus the pump oil is drained thru the output bearing.

In an effort to increase the gasket sealing surface, has anybody ever plugged (or considered plugging) this hole in IH Cub hydros? A bonus for this is the output bearing would get more oil flow too. Any minuses?

Thanks!

I'm in trouble now. I have to disagree with Scott on the shear pin, but in the interests of education (and I'm not a politician, so your taxes won't go up on this one) I think the pin just to the right of the chain is a shear pin. If not, I can sure shear a non-shear pin!
111141.jpg

Now, on to the carb float. They tend to detiorate and sink. It takes a few more minutes, but the easiest way to deal with them is to take the carb completely off before you take the float bowl off. This really lessens the chance of losing the needle valve. BTDT - more than once.

Dean.... In that picture that Frank posted, Thats where I replace the coiled or spiral pin with the weaker rolled pin. I shear a couple a year and dont wreck any other parts. There easy to replace and very cheap. Buzz

frank that is the shear pin dont shear one to often but i have . re building the clutch so might shear one more often when i get that done. We have 3inches on the ground so the blade and the 1450 will halft to do . the power angle blade is the way to go.

You guys with little tractors to push snow have it made....little tractors = light weight chains. I worked for over three hours putting the chains on the Super H. I bet the two chains weigh more than the CC 70 sitting beside the SH. I finally got ready for snow today and scraped the 2-3 inches out of the drive and cleared out in front of the mailbox across the road. The county put the steel posts up for snow fence but no fence yet. Drifted knee deep 2-3 feet out in front of the mailbox.
Weatherman says 9-10 inches by afternoon tomorrow so I get MORE seat time!
thumbsup_old.gif

Hmmmmmmmm.again. spent 2 hours watching videos on UTube-of Cubs.Had to go to freinds house-I only have dial up,he's got the fancy hi-speed Verizon. Saw Cubs plowin dirt,snow,other tractors,mud,etc. AND there are some of people cold starting Cubs-they sounded like mine. So I know it's not somethin I'm doing wrong-they had their own "pull choke-throttle-push choke-turn around 3 times and bend over" routine too. got new battery,oil tonite for tomorrows day in garage.
lazerburn.gif

Dtanner-"bear " of a job-cub joke I get it.
JSDavis- I think I had pic on here months ago but here one of the Cub in our town park this past spring:
111147.jpg

Nice looking cub harry

Do you guys have people who use a beautiful tractor or implements in there yards as yard art in your towns ,or is that only in California ? Seriously it drives me NUTS to see a International sitting in some yahoos yard just rustin and rotting away.And noooooo they aint selling.Some around here in the desert have almost more tractors than yard
bash.gif
rant.gif

I saw a yard today between jobs,had a couple old Farmall cubs wheel weights and all,a O,my dream cub by the way, and a fancy looking JD with some fenders that wraped half way around the spoke wheels,a bunch of implements like a double bottom plow and a set of discs that looks worthy of a huge field.the guy had it neatly parked around the outskirts of his 1/4 acre!

Dean, Frank,
I was referring to a lack of a shear pin like used on walk behind throwers, that have built in weak spots. The one you refer to are roll pins, although they probably would shear due to wear (and at the most inopportune time) usually the belt slips first...

Had a good morning here to cold to go out. so i put more of the 125 back together. Coil and plug wire, pet tank,breather, both cables. i quess this is a list, to do>. lol Later Don T
111153.jpg

JDavis- that JD with wrapped fenders I think they call an orchard tractor. I guess to work between rows of trees/bushes/vines in orchards to keep from snagging branches. I may be wrong but maybe not -I'm sure there is a tractor guru on here thall know fer sure.
I am headed to garage-to tackle Cub. those with weak stomachs look away.
eek.gif

Those 125's do look neat. I like the look of the flat fenders and zig zag grille. I wish my 127 was a 125. Beggers can't be choosers around here though.

Keith, the more you post the more I like you.
happy.gif

BTW, I don't think I've posted this recently.

111155.jpg

Slant%20Tongue.gif

BTW2, I have a few spare sets of 1x4/5 fenders, I could ship you a set so you could improve the looks of your 1x7.
happy.gif

Please note that I've updated my email address. We have changed our ISP at work and the old @visi.com address will no longer work.

I just checked Keith's profile and have to agree wholeheartedly with Kraig. Cubs, Jeeps and woodworking--and an appreciation for the Z grille.
There's got to be a 125 in your future, Keith!
happy.gif

Don T.: Enjoy your 64* day!!
thumbsup_old.gif

Nick Hasson – Your 149 looks great. Thank you for the information on your front tires. I don't really need to replace the rims I just wanted to know what sort of ribbed tires others where using.

Roy Najecki – Thank you for the information on the spark plugs. I know others had to have had discussed this issue before and I thought I would get others thoughts on the issue. I guess, however, you're the only one that wishes to say anything about it. Once again think you for responding to my question.

Yeah I know, I'm sure this has been brought to the attention of the forum before and others may sigh with distain, but I thought for the sake of one's who have not yet seen them. Click on the image below to view some vintage picture of Cub Cadet Tractors being used and advertisement brochures from the Wisconsin Historical Society. Some of the pictures are pretty cool. You gotta ask yourself why are there so many women drivin' those tractors?

Now, I've cleaned this picture up some so you can see it better. This picture may be my favorite one.
111160.jpg

111161.gif

Kenneth

Kenneth D,
That could be Ralphie from the Christmas Story if he visited his grandpa on the farm! Say it with me everyone... "you'll shoot your eye out!" haha!!!

Frank, that reminds me... I gotta update my profile. I think it may be a while before I get anymore Cubs. I can only fit 3 in my building so right now the 100 is sitting outside shivering even though he is tucked in under a tarp. If I could sell a used washer/dryer the 127 will go in the garage in front of my CJ5 so I can get it out to throw snow.

3 Cub shack...
111164.jpg

Kenneth-
There are some neat pictures there that I haven't seen before. Thanks for sharing those.

Keith-
I think I figured it out... If I come down there and pick up the Original w/Loader, then you'll have room to get the 100 in your shed!
asthanos.gif

Latest posts

Back