• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Archive through December 08, 2008

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bbranstetter

IHCC Supporter
displayname
Brian Branstetter
Windbreakers are too cool! Especially when the parts are new out of the box.
greenthumb.gif

111121.jpg

111122.jpg

Brian, where did you find that??? Nice, very nice. Any chance I could get an electronic copy of the installation instructions?

I have an NOS wide frame Windbreaker cab that I picked up a couple years back but I don't have the top or back curtain for it. I don't have a wide frame Cub to install it on either.... kind of hoped that I might someday be able to trade it for a NOS narrow frame windbreaker cab.

Kraig, sorry for the lack of pics. I never expected to see all the cool "stuff" hiding in his out buildings. So, I didn't have a camera with me. If he finds me a snow plow/blade I'll be going back up and ask to snap some pics for ya'll...

Mike

Well we had a little snow here and i had to clean up before I start on the 125. I have to repair the threads on the s/g bracket and install a good used wire set and install the 12K from my 129 for now.
111126.jpg

I do want to take a used K and run it first in the 125 and when i get5 the bugs all out i will install the rebuilt 125 K back in her.
111127.jpg

later Don T.... have a great day all

I have A question. Acording to the parts diagram in the parts lookup, the clutch teaser spring goes on the driveshaft next to the throwout bearing, then the spacer Part # 20. which way does the spacer turn? Does the spring set inside the spacer, or rest aginst the small end of the spacer? Will someone take a close up picture and post for some help on this? TIA Luther

stupid question no.17- what is easiest way to attach the mount that goes on the lift arm assy? this is the pivot with 2 threaded bolt holes that the rear lift bar connects to. My lift rod base has a slot in center of it runs vertical. Is that were the pivot attches to? and is it easier to drop rockshaft down to get to that slot? dont look like much room in there,still trying to figure how to get rear bar down thru&past rear with the brinley helper spring attached. here is pic of part I am ref. to Part no 3:
111131.jpg

harry miler (Hwmiller) Well on my 129 i had to put #3 on # 4 (you will want to install lift spring also) and pass it up through the rear of the tractor. there isn`t much room so put the bolts in # 3(I taped the bolts so they would stay in the block) and used a rachet wrench to install. The lift spring can be tightened later. Just my .02

ok - with spring on, put bar in from front of rear end stead of feed thru from back of rear end. man this sounds perverted. the pivot block I have has the holes threaded already. I will give this a try. next sound you hear wil be me tearing skin off knuckles. or removing fender seat assy to get a bit more room to see and wrench thru.

harry miler (Hwmiller) Thats one bear of a job to do. I invented a few new words when i did my 149 lol.
bash.gif

Kraig,

Unfortunatly only the top and back curtain were nos. The front was a good used one that I bought at the spring pd. Also found that it is missing the side brackets that go around the fenders to support the back of the cab. Bummer!! Might have to improvise till I find or make some. Anyone have picks of what those brackets are supposed to look like for 122?

Kraig / Brian

I think the instal instructions for that model are on one of the early data CD's...I think....

Brian,

Every bracket on those seems to be 1" x 1/8" flat HRS.....should be easy to come up with something with a pic.

Cold Weather start:

I have always found that mine start best at 1/2 throttle with the rest of the method below the same...seems like less kick back and better 1st time results....but every engine has it's own sweet spot.

Can anybody tell me why my carb is flooding? As I am cranking to start, the carb is getting too much fuel and floods the engine. If it doesn't fire on the first few revolutions, she floods. Float adjustment? Points timing? Please give me some ideas.... Thanks.

Brian J.,

Let me take a stab, and say that a little more information would be helpful.
1a_scratchhead.gif

How do you know it is flooding?
If it fires, does it then run properly? At all RPM's and when cold and warm?
help.gif

I would say it is not timing or points. But I am not going to further speculate.
whistling.gif

Ken, It spits gas out backwards, grey smoke blown backwards out carb, plug is wet, drips on floor. Maybe something else? It coughs, wants to fire, but doesn't. If I'm lucky, it fires first 3 revolutions. Thanks!

Brian: But it doesn't leak gas when just sitting around taking it easy with the gas shut-off not gas shut-offed?
dunno.gif

If your not too busy, go back to Kendell Ide's post on Nov. 2, 9:55, (Nov. 1 archive) and follow that conversation.
1a_scratchhead.gif

this maybe a dumb question but whare is the shear pin on the qa 42 series snowblowers? I need to have a few on hand and can't find the location or one on the parts break down in the look up

Thanks gang Deano
1a_scratchhead.gif

Dean S..
There isn't one... the 'weak link' is the drive belt. When overloaded, operators will state that they "squealed the belt". I suppose the chain could let loose, the PO of my QA got real freindly with a dog chain, and proceeded to crease the blower housing with what was left of the chain. My QA now has a B section belt, and when that gets stuck, the engine stalls....

Maybe the adjustments are screwed up. Or perhaps the needle needs to be checked.

Steve B., I never got an install manual for the 1x2/3 or 1x2/5 narrow frame Windbreaker so there is not one on the CDs. I do have the roof and rear curtain install instructions for the 70/100 and the Windbreaker install instructions for the 1x6/7 and for the wide frame 1x8/9 series.

Brian, I have some photos I took of the cab on my 125 that are on my work PC, I'll email them to you tomorrow they might help you to fab up the missing brackets.

Thaks Scott, spent some time at the dealer and had him completely stumped (he's new to the Cub game). Got 10-12 inches of snow predicted tonight, it will be an early am to throw snow again.
animatedihbear.gif

Back