Archive through December 08, 2006

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanks to all that offered advice on my coil eating 1200. I have installed a new one,($33.00), internal resistor, checked all connections and wires, points, replaced condenser and monitored voltage while running at fast speed. 14.2 volts to battery which was a little low due to earlier cranking,about 7 volts on other terminal on coil. I felt the coil after 30 minutes run time and it was just warm. So.....I will try again and hope for the best. I did not replace the regulator, yet.

Allen, I searched a brief discussion in 2005, Jerry Harvey made wheel weights in cast iron cooking pots and bolted them up, pot and all.
https://www.ihcubcadet.com/cgi-bin/discus/board-auth.pl?file=/106/32422.html

I had read the August 2006 discussion last weekend, where somebody mentioned filling a V-8 valve cover with lead. I suppose if one could pull a mold off the factory IH weight, you could make exact replicas. But what would you make the mold out of, concrete?

I saw this pic on a deere page, of a 100 cc w/a "front assist" axle on it, is that a prototipical mod?
46730.jpg

Mitch- Before you start meting those lead wheel weights, read up on the safety factor!!

Glen,
That was built by Dan Hoefler. The same genuis that built the crawler on the front page of the forum.
Here's a few more pics of it.
46732.jpg

46733.jpg

46734.jpg

46735.jpg

46736.jpg

46737.jpg

BTW,
It was free parts day at my place today.
Kraig M and Terry B. were the only ones that showed up.
We had a great time this afternoon solving all the worlds problems in 3 hours and also did a little Cub talkin and did some diggin through boxes and shelves too.
Thanks guys, I had a great time.
46739.gif

Just got back from a trip to Charlie's place (2.75 hour drive each way) spent several hours talking Cubs with Charlie and Terry B. who also stopped by. I guess no one else heard it was Cub day at Charlie's.
happy.gif

Thanks for taking time out to talk Cubs with me Charlie! Thanks for the QA42 and Cub Cadet parts too!
buttrock.gif

Hey Guys,

Thanks again for the help thus far. I pulled the throttle asay and converted to adjustable by drilling out a rivet holding the thing together and going with bolts and a nut. Tighted the hydro. The friction washer seemed in fine shape. Wanted to see if those adjustments worked the way I need them to.

Cleaned up the Bendix (thanks for the info on what a Bendix is). It didn't seem dirty at all. Tractor still won't start. Starter turns, but it doesn't seem to engage the motor. The battery I have in the tractor is rated at 190 CCA. I do not know the condition of the battery and I don't have a tester. Could it be that I just don't have enough amps? What else do I need to look at?

One detail as you think about this. Between the time the starter was working and then wasn't working I arced the battery to the frame with a wrench by mistake. Could this have damaged something?

Honestly, I would appreciate it if someone could give me a short descrip of how the starter and Bendix work to start the motor. Lots of learning to do and I don't know much about this one.

I'll also be searching the archives.

Charlie, next time I stop by I think I'm going to be bringing a trailer, a BIG trailer!
happy.gif

Dan Hoefler also did the twin mufflers on Bryan's 169 I beleive, he is a cub cadet prodigy. I read up on his 100C and I was so impressed... now if only I had a machinist's degree, and a machine shop at my disposal, WTH knows what I might do for my 149... It's fun to dream isn't it...

Latest posts

Back