• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Archive through December 02, 2004

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gwsmith

displayname
glen smith
Qustion for all to ponder.If you had the choice between a 1200 with rear pto, or a 104 with a creeper , for about the same price , which one would you chose?

Glen S,
Buy both!!!!!!!
But if I had my druthers and had to choose, I'd go for the 104 with the creeper.

Hey everybody- I got a tire-fitment question:

Loader-Mutt has what I THINK are 10" wide rims, and currently wears Goodyear Turf-Trac 24x10.50-12's. I've got just under 2" clearance from inside tire to the loader bracket... if I put 26x12-12's on there, will I run into interferance problems?

--as an aside note, I've been told that there are two different types of 10" wide rims... different offset used with Super GTs... but I don't think my rims are SGT offset...

I measured the rims... from bead-to-bead (on the outside, but not the lip) is 9.5". That'd make the inside bead surface just a tad larger'n 9.25". From the same outside bead-edge (not the lip) to the wheel mounting face, is 7", and I've got 2-1/2" brake-rod clearance, 1-1/2" clearance to the loader frame.

Reason I thought these were 10's is because they're wider than the rims on my 109... 109's rims are 7.5" wide, and 6.25" inset respectively.
The 109 came with 23-8.50-12's, and I've mounted 24-10.50-12's Tru-Powers on 'em... I've got 3-1/2" of brake-rod clearance.

D'ya think I have enough clearance to mount 26-12-12 on Loader-Mutt's rims?

Reid,
For about $300 and some custom fabricated brackets you can buy all the parts and build your own hydraulic lift.
I can post pictures when I take them if you are interested.

Melvin C., yep, there are several Cubbers and a few forum members in Tennessee!

Dave-
If your rims are Cub Cadet (Firestone, Electric Wheel Co, Titan, etc) the wheels are 8.5" wide.

In general for 12" rims on Cubs:
6" tire - 5" rim
8.5" tire - 7" rim
10.5" tire - 8.5" rim

(Message edited by wcompton on December 02, 2004)

IT RAN!! I DROVE HER TONIGHT!! I cranked up the 1250 tonight and she purred like a kitten. Drove up and down the driveway hollerin' like a fool. Man, this is gonna be one fine tractor. I will post pictures and a list of mods and a story when she is complete. For now I will make some adjustments and paint a few more things but it is all gonna be worth it. This is one HIGH quality machine. If any of you have read the book "Zen and the Art of Motorcycle Maintenance" will know what I mean. The smooth, solid feel of the hydro control is amazing. The heavy, powerful feel of that Kohler is awesome. And I have gotten rid of all the rattles and loose parts that made this tractor sound like all of it's modern counterparts. You guys were there for the journey and I will let you see the fruits of our labor when she is complete. I hope to post again Sunday night. Later, Paul

Hi Wyatt!

Thanks for the input. I measured my rims from the outer edge of the bead face, to outer edge of bead face- they're wider than 8"... actually, I got 9.25". They COULD be some other type, but I got 'em from Keith, and they've got CubCadet-branded Goodyears on 'em. Perhaps an MTD-CC???

Glen--- that's a no-brainer- take 'em BOTH!!!
jester.gif

Dave K.,they are measured inside of bead to inside of bead=8.5 inches.

Okay, John... well, subtract about 0.125" for the rim thickness on each side, and I'm down to 9" from inside-of-bead to inside-of-bead... so either these are MTD-CC rims (that were available in wider), or these rims aren't ANY flavor of CC rim, just have MTD-era CubCadet-branded Goodyears on whatever rims... Bein' as that is, guess I'm on my own to get one (or a set of) 26-12-12's, mount it, and see if it clears...

Dave you already know the tires should be 26" tall when mounted. Do you know what rim width they take that figure from ? Anyway do you have clearance for 13" from center of axle to the loader ? You could fudge a little with pressure but if it's close enough that air pressure would make a difference then it's to close ! .... put a set on and try it , you might like it ... er NOT
wink.gif
... you get your mill and lathe set up yet ?

Dave ya know the tire will be shorter with a wider rim ... I've got 10.5's on 7.5 rims and they are rock hard, forget about changing height with air pressure , to many plys ;) -- here's some info from an old pdf file
23628.gif

23629.jpg

Dave K,
Why not take a pic of the wheels your talkin about so it will take out any doubt if they are Cub Wheels or something else!

Here's a better version of that Brinly letter that Tom has.
23638.jpg

23639.jpg

Paul B2, I'm looking forward to your photos and story.

Me thinks Paul B2 has a baaaad case of Yellow and White fever, he's showing some serious symptoms. :eek:)

Glen S., both! But if you can only get one I'd go for the 104.

Charlie, is that one of the pumps that Jon had for sale a while back?

Charlie, that's cool! Looks like ya got Tom beat. BTW, how'd I get caught in the middle of this? And why don't I have scans of that <font size="-2">or that binder of Qwik-Way loader stuff</font>? ;o)

Back