• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Archive through August 30, 2014

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Jason S.
That IH-376258-R11 is No Longer Available, UNLESS you want to pay more for that piece than you did for your tractor, LOL

Put a Want Ad in the Classifieds and I'll bet you get an email or 2.

In reference to the Hydro gasket... the current MTD part is NOT cork, but a composite with a "sticky" adhesive on one side.. As noted in the Faq, a new gasket is over .040 thicker (measured at .070) than a compressed original cork one. If you've already got leaks, it's not the gasket, you've either got a mating surface problem, improper bolt tightening or something holding the pump away from the diff housing (or a crack someplace).

As an addendum - It's Neoprene (no "M"), and Richard C. should be over 70 years old now....

poof.gif

My thoughts are why is it posted in the main forum and not in the MTD section

Harry B

Well you won't believe it but I finally got the K321 up and running in my 1450. Ran about 10 minutes and the governor went out. Raced up slow and I turned it off. Checked it out and it appears something has happened internally. I feel like carrying to the dump, but I have so much money and time in this thing. I can't mention their name here, but I really got screwed. Question. If I pull the ele clutch and other off the front, can we remove the bearing plate and get to the governor that way??I'm not wanting to take the motor back off if I can help it.

Thanks again

Jerry (tired and worn out)

Jason S. Try a really good electrical motor rebuilder shop. A few years a gentleman told me that he was able to find some of those NLA parts by taking the old one in and the shop was able to match them perfectly. IH didn't have every part specially made and would look to other components that would work for the aplication. Apparently one of the design engineers must've "thought outside the box" when looking for a suitable component.
happy.gif

Well I guess I messed up, reading Jim Patchett's post caused me to read my old post back in 2003 when I was first trying the Neopreme material to replace the cork gaskets on the Hydro to transaxle coupling.

On that post I said I would report back every 10 years on how it was working, and it looks like I'm a year late.

The 782 and the 1450 I first tried the Neopreme gasket material on are still used daily here in Arizona where the temperature is over 100 degrees during mowing season. Both tractors are parked in the garage on concrete floors and never leak a drop of hydro fluid.

I can't tell you how many more Cubs I have replaced the cork gaskets on and I never had one leak.

I did try making Neopreme gaskets for the rear transaxle cover thinking I could reuse them over and over and they did not work out.

Thank you all for the tips, and suggestions on the hydro pump gasket between it and the trans axel. When I first acquired the tractor earlier this year, it did not leak, and then a gradual drip started occurring. I'm pretty confident my problem is the gasket, with only 4 cap screws to hold the pump to the trans axel, I can't see how I'd go wrong there also. It's just funny, I have not read or seen any illustration/ mention of this gasket removal, or installation listed in the service manual specified for my tractor.

neoprene gasket material -
faq#73 -
mating surfaces -

thank you again

I've tried the neoprene gasket in place of the composite gasket a few times and decided I didn't care to split the tractors that much. I didn't have much luck at all and every composite gasket has been a success so Gerry, I'm with you.

If everything is clean and the pump torqued properly the composite should last many years IMO.

Latest posts

Back