• This community needs YOUR help today!

With the ever-increasing fees of maintaining our vibrant community (servers, software, domains, email), we need help.
    We need more Supporting Members today.

Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of all aspects of IH Cub Cadet and other garden tractors.

Why Join?

• Exclusive Access: Gain entry to private forums.
    • Special Perks: Enjoy enhanced account features that enrich your experience, including the ability to disable ads.
    • Free Gifts: Sign up annually and receive exclusive IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum decals directly to your door!

This is your chance to make a difference. Become a Supporting Member today:

Upgrade Now

Archive through August 30, 2014

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jpatchett

displayname
Jim Patchett
Larry,

What manufacturer and year is the engine.?

The price depends on how many hours are on the engine. If it has less than 1000 I would think thats OK, assuming the engine had regular maintenance. What do you know about the engine's past use?

The 100 is a narrow frame, will a twin fit between the frame rails?

There may be an issue with the gas tank and/or battery and twin engine fitting under the hood. Newer CC have the battery and gas tank under the seat.

There are likely many little things that are too numerous to list that would be required to make it fit/work.

I bought a Kohler M18 last year for $150, it turns over but I have no idea if it runs. I felt it was worth the price.

Jim

Jeff B.

I not the rule enforcer, but I would think his question is ok. Larry asked if the purchase was worth the asking price and he is not asking what it is worth. I think there is a difference, JMHO.

Rules: "Asking if a certain amount for a tractor is worth buying it for is fine."

Jim

I thought the footrests were originally black, just wondered why the yellow was underneath? Guess they painted it yellow, then black.

Larry, put a 10hp in that 100 so it will still be a 100.
happy.gif
Be patient, a 10hp will come along one day. If you have to buy another tractor for the motor, you can use the motor and sell the tractor to recoup some of the expense. There might even be some extra goodies on the tractor you can also use.

Say, any of you guys having trouble with the replacement Cub Cadet cork gaskets. Just bought one from the Cub Cadet dealer, installed it and now my pump is still leaking. Have not yet even refilled or started the tractor. The remaining 4 seals on the pump are fine-no leaks............

I seen the FAQ posted, but not enough information on the material being used, or where to obtain it.

John
Did you see cubfaq #73? I got mine at McMaster Carr mailorder.

I have a '62 original that i cant seem to find a clutch bushing for. Does anyone know what the dimensions would be for the bushing or where i could find one?

Our fair starts on Tuesday so I thought Id take some cubs.
289745.jpg

289746.jpg

289747.jpg

289748.jpg

289749.jpg

The bad thing my wife started counting. Well at least she come to realize the best thing to do is shake her head and walk away. After I inform her she is pretty.

Well, guys & gals, I have a picture of the valve stems in my K321 with the bent & twisted valve. I don't see anything funny with the exhaust valve, the one on the left in the picture. Maybe someone can see something I can't.

289753.jpg

In case you missed it, the top of the exhaust valve with the head removed.

289754.jpg

Edit: Jim, you're going to make Charlie jealous with that Cub Hauler of yours. Quite the collection. Really good looking (I haven't seen your wife).
smile.gif

Jim,
All I can say is WOW!! Awesome lineup of cubs.
buttrock.gif
I'm with ya on the wife thing. Mine gave up as well.........
proud.gif

I didn't have the heart to tell her I got more @ my brothers. That's my Brothers gooseneck and truck. Mine is the one with the Snowblade and tiller. And I guess it kind of shows what our favorite colors are. And that one dandelion will be the only one in my rose bed. Funny thing is that's the one I use to spray and fertilize with. No amount off roundup or 2 4 D will kill that one. Tuff one I guess Must be deep rooted. Thanks guys Jim

Looking for the greasable bushing that slides in the carrier housing...not the bronze one. Both of the sponsors have them listed but sold out.

Latest posts

Back