• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Archive through August 21, 2005

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It's fun lurking when the big boys have a discussion.
happy.gif

fence.gif

Attachments

• happy.gif
    happy.gif
    879 bytes · Views: 125
  • fence.gif
    fence.gif
    14.4 KB · Views: 145
Kraig,

This is a cut-away of Syncro-Tri-Six transmission used in the 50 series tractors (50,52,5488) and with modifications, exists as the MX transmission of today.

Note that the top shaft drives all the way thru the master clutch (mid section #3), thru the differential housing, and finally to the PTO gear set and clutch. Since it drives thru the center of the clutch it is "live".

30242.jpg

(Message edited by sblunier on August 22, 2005)

Attachments

• 30242.jpg
    30242.jpg
    45.6 KB · Views: 142
  • 30242.jpg
    30242.jpg
    45.6 KB · Views: 139
Kraig,

This is how they handle the IPTO on the larger hydro tractors. Note #2 is the input gear for the IPTO shaft that will run to the rear of the tractor.

30244.jpg

And, a detailed explanation of the hydro workings of a 186 (105hp hydro, basically a hydro 986)....

30245.jpg

Attachments

• 30245.jpg
    30245.jpg
    28.3 KB · Views: 130
  • 30244.jpg
    30244.jpg
    25.8 KB · Views: 151
  • 30244.jpg
    30244.jpg
    25.8 KB · Views: 152
  • 30245.jpg
    30245.jpg
    28.3 KB · Views: 144
So the crankshaft is the same between the electric PTO clutch and the manual PTO clutch??

BRYAN M., Richard C. - Have You ever tried to run a gear drive CC blowing wet heavy snow with a cast on Your left leg?
lol.gif
All I can say is the first pass sure left some funny tracks in the snow from the crutches.
roflol.gif
Sometimes You just have to make do with the situation the best You can. This past winter was the first time I'd used the snowblower on the 72 in almost 10 yrs. Trying to mount the 80 inch wide blade on the loader of the Super H was just a bit beyond My capabilities about four days after I broke my leg Dec. 29th.
Wes has a good point also. I've never had a problem with the mech. PTO clutch slipping on the K241 in the 72, but the 129/44A will slip the belt for a bit if something wedges in the mower deck. But I suspect You get much over 14-15 HP and they would have a fairly short life expectancy. I know the LPTO units Steve B posted pic's of can't handle much over 400 HP....

Attachments

• lol.gif
    lol.gif
    158 bytes · Views: 134
  • roflol.gif
    roflol.gif
    4.4 KB · Views: 133
Bryan B.

The crank should be 1" dia. x 3" long and drilled and tapped 3/8" NF on both units.

Mech clutch should fit an AQS (QL) motor no problem, BUT an electric clutch won't fit a pre-QL motor unless the block is drilled and tapped for the clutch mounting holes.

Denny,

.....Hydro????????
happy.gif
happy.gif
happy.gif

Attachments

• happy.gif
    happy.gif
    879 bytes · Views: 133
  • happy.gif
    happy.gif
    879 bytes · Views: 123
  • happy.gif
    happy.gif
    879 bytes · Views: 128
If anyone that has any pics of this gentleman leading the pack from PD9, Plese email them to me, THANKS
30248.jpg

Attachments

• 30248.jpg
    30248.jpg
    46.6 KB · Views: 165
  • 30248.jpg
    30248.jpg
    46.6 KB · Views: 149
SB -

You took the word right outta my mouth!!!
lol.gif

Attachments

• lol.gif
    lol.gif
    158 bytes · Views: 126
Richard, I think I may have convinced myself that electric clutches are the way to go.....I did post:

"I realize that the electric PTO is designed to handle it".

Well at least the discussion increased the postings some. :eek:)

Steve B., thanks for the Hydro and PTO posts.

Charlie, have you searched through the PD9 Photo Collection CDs? There are somewhere around 1000 photos on them.

Kraig,
I guess I should have stated that anyone that was there and did not send you pics!
Sorry bout that.
blush.gif

Attachments

• blush.gif
    blush.gif
    270 bytes · Views: 129
Charlie, no need to say you're sorry. :eek:)

BTW, Who is that gentleman?

Well I'de like to stay and discuss the merits of replacing these modern high current draw electric lights with the more reliable gas lamps on these cubs but I have a couple of projects.

Got a 1250 with no compression but the valves are working, may be a major problem.

I want to install the latest mower deck improvement modification that Roland Bedell came up with, looks to be the way to go on 44 and 50 inch decks.

Richard, good one! Next week lets discuss steel vs. rubber wheels. :eek:)

30253.jpg

Attachments

• 30253.jpg
    30253.jpg
    48.2 KB · Views: 168
  • 30253.jpg
    30253.jpg
    48.2 KB · Views: 128
STEVE, BRYAN - The 129 & 982 are both wider than the snowblower, and no chains to fit either one. Doubtful I'd have made it out of the shop.
happy.gif
. I suppose I could have changed My plans and gone to Mexico for a MONTH to recuperate instead of just a week.
buttrock.gif

Attachments

• buttrock.gif
    buttrock.gif
    439 bytes · Views: 134
  • happy.gif
    happy.gif
    879 bytes · Views: 123
STEVE - You going to "Half Century of Progress"? Buddy & I are driving down for the day Saturday. I'll honk when I go thru the south side of Peoria.

Richard,

Refresh my memory on the latest deck modification???

Denny,

Planning on going Sat. for sure, will probably throw the 100/Haban and another from the herd on the trailer and zip down there. Why are you going to be in S. Peoria on the way to Rantoul???....I-39 to I-74 ????? I try to avoid the S. side of Peoria for the most part.
happy.gif

Attachments

• happy.gif
    happy.gif
    879 bytes · Views: 120
The gentleman is Richard Gollobit from Coon Rapids, Iowa. It was his first Plow Day and he said he enjoyed it so much that he plowed all day. (Gotta get my butt off to work... later.)

Latest posts

Back