Archive through August 19, 2011

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Those square fenders have too much areodynamic drag to make good plowing machines. Round fenders are the only way to go.
Shift.gif

229255.jpg

I do have a soft spot for the 122, it was the first cub I drove and I spent a lot of time on it. It's easyer for me with the low tunnel on the 72 plus it's hard to beat the QT.

HH posted in the classifieds ! ... guess he needs some cool tools $$
beer2.gif

I must put my vote for the WF 1x9 series as the best lookig and most easily serviced
the WF QL is not and does look like binder

229262.jpg

BRIAN A. - Nice 70...It's amazing what 7 HP can do in a CC.

But I like FLAT top fenders better.... they make better places to set your favorite beverage can/bottle!

The neighbor calls and says he's having a hard time adjusting the pto engagement. I go have a look and there's no wear button and the thrust button is toast. This is on his 129 I just sold him. The thrust button has been heated and the lip bent over to where it clamped on the three levers. I had to work them a little to get them out. It looks like a thrust button for the brake style but it wasn't before it became steel to steel.

229329.jpg

It's all good now. I just thought it was an interesting little problem. It was a first for me.

Wayne, yep, that's what happens when the fiber button disappears. It may have broke it off if he installed or removed the PTO belt and didn't do it carefully. That's the main reason the brass button is better than the fiber button.

Due to the 5.9 Quake in Mineral , Va they think the Washington Monument might be tilting !

KENtuckyKEN

That was felt way up here . Montreal Canada felt the quake. I was out ridding and did not feel it. I miss all the fun . later Don T

No injuries I hope anywhere ! I hope

Latest posts

Back