• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Archive through August 02, 2004

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
OH hell! I forgot this, LOL
<blockquote><hr size=0><!-quote-!><font size=1>quote:</font>

Be sure to support those who have made this possible. You know, the colorful boxes with links right above ! !<!-/quote-!><hr size=0></blockquote>

Steve, true, however, if the hydro trunion needs work anyway there would be no need to remove the motor mount bolts because you would be splitting the tractor and pulling the hydro and driveshaft backward.

Kraig,

I know, but my response was geared toward this comment

"I was looking at the TC-113 and it appears that I would not need to open anything up. It looks like the drive shaft bolts to a flexible coupling just before going into the hydro. Unless I am mistaken (wouldn't be a first for me!) "

It implied doing it all in the tractor to me.

I usually split them anyway...easier!!!!

Steve, Ah! Yeah, it's much easier to split them to work on the drive line on a narrow frame. Also it's a good chance to check the trunion and linkages and clean the grass/dust/oil/etc. that is almost certain to be collected on and around the hydro. Observe exhibit A:
20663.jpg

OK, "They have been viewed several times." :eek:p

How's the foot doing?

Digger
Gordon here.
It is a Model L-100, Purchased on 5-19-1965. Serial # 111488
It had been changed from a 10 hp to a 12 hp. They have purchased a new Kohler 12 hp to take its place. I am now waiting for parts, mostley the Engine driven PTO where the Throw out levers were worn down to almost nothing.
Tractor was given to my granson by his other Grandfather. I am going over it. I am 76
Thanks for reply.

Gordon -

L-100?

No such thing.

It's either a 100 or 70, sounds like a 100.

Hey, were those deck baffles or chute extensions put on there for safety? If so, and you take them off watch who you let operate your stuff. Not everyone is as aware of what they are operating as the people that are on this forum.

just a thought.

Kraig,
Did ya ever have one of those days where you saw something in a pic and just had to make a nonsense post!
20666.jpg

David, the baffles are there to help lift the grass for better cutting, the chute deflector was added for safety to help prevent a rock, stick, acorn, walnut, whatever, from becoming a projectile. It won't actually stop it but it will lessen the chance it'll get much distance as it'll be deflected down. Problem is it does the same for the grass and causes plugging issues which could cause a different hazzard...someone not thinking about the blades and they reach in to unplug the discharge chute........

David,

Only "Operators" are allowed to run my stuff anyway. An "Operator" understands what his equipment will/won't & can/can't do.

Drivers and run of the mill idiots get to keep their MTD push mowers
happy.gif
happy.gif
happy.gif

But your point is well taken..........

Rick that would be great. Thanks a ton.

I have two flexible disks between the driveshaft and hydro shaft on my 1650 but only one between the driveshaft and the engine. But like Jim I need the new cast coupler and spi-rol pin.

By the way some asked a couple of days ago about the thrust bearing for the super steering rebuild. I did'nt see if anyone answered and I was wondering where to get such a thing? Would a sponsor have something like that?

Denny,

Now you know that I wasn't going anywhere in particular with that comment....just making a point!!!!
happy.gif
happy.gif
happy.gif
(Hell, I've got an MTD push mower too!!!!
happy.gif
happy.gif
)

Art, umm, good to have you back..... How are your feet holding up from all that marching?

Back