• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Archive through April 29, 2008

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Brad C.
83296.jpg

drool.gif
charlie, is there a part number for that plate or is that something I will need to fabricate?

Sounds like a plan, id like to use the 16*6.50-8, triple ribs out front if i can(no need to buy more expensive tires...), but if i need to convert t othe Verdistans, i will.(they are 18*8.50-10 er whatever right?)

We really need to add this gem to the FAQ's on adjusting for neutral! It worked like a charm. Heck, I have gotten so good and making that adjustment, with nothing happening, that this fix didn't take long at all. I had to make the shims out of shim stock, but it wasn't very hard to do. I also shimmed some of the play out of the shaft that runs in the hydro itself, as it appeared that it was also adding to the play.

"Jim/John-

Have either of you shimmed part #1 in this diagram? It usually wears on the trunion shaft and gets really loose. Lately, my hydro linkage problems on most of my hydros, 1450 and 1650 included, have been this, and not a worn trunion slot. Get some 5/8" ID by .010" thick shims, and add them between #1 and the snap ring until you can't get the snap ring on, then remove one shim and install the snap ring. That should fix your problems. I welded up the trunion on my 1450, and it wasn't fixed until I did this. You could also replace that cam plate, but this will do about the same thing."

Ya know...I had a JD430...and I got rid of it because I couldn't drive along the side of a hill without the rear end slipping. that little AL peerless rearend doesn't weigh enough. But that 22hp Yanmar was a grunting engine.

Hello folks,

This is just a quick post to introduce myself. My name is Matt Arnold and I've recently aquired my grandfather's 149 with a 44" deck and a QA42 snowthrower. My father owns a 106 that he bought new.

I design factory machinery for a living and live in the frozen regions of northern NY. Looks like a lot of help being offered here. I hope to not ask too many stupid questions and be able to chime in now and again with something useful. Take care.

Matt

as per my query on 04/29 1:02 pm.... my mule drive has only one adjustment bar... i realize that the belt needs to be at a 90* angle from the pto to mule drive pulleys but it keeps throwing the belt.the button clearance are within specs..soooo do i replace a 250$ pto or fiddle with it for another week while the grass grows?

Stephen.

It has been my exsperience that once a belt has been thrown off the pullys a few times it is time to get a new belt.
NOT a hardwear store belt as they will not last but a good old IH belt or the newer MTD belts as they are designed to take all the twisting the deck drive belts go through.

Latest posts

Back