• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Archive through April 29, 2008

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

chunt

displayname
Carey Hunt
Hey guys,

A friend of mine's mother has an Original in great condition with a fairly straight mower deck. Her husband died and she wants to get something she hasn't got to fiddle with. I have to get some pictures tonight when I rototill her garden. I am going to try to sell it for her. What should I ask for it as I am not a real big cub nut? I hope I don't get in trouble for this type of post.

Hey Brendan, where ya at buddy??

Carey

"the 430's were the answer to a question NOBODY asked"
clappy.gif

If only people knew how many times <font color="119911">THEY</font> do that!!!

Hey Carey:
Not to sound unsympathetic to a widow's cause, but did ya read the rules?? Rule Number 4 (from the rules, link posted at the top of this page..) "This is not an appraisal site! Questions regarding the specific value of any particular unit, implement or whatever are not allowed. Any posts containing such queries will be removed. Asking if a certain amount for a tractor is worth buying it for is fine..
Charlie must be sleeping in...

Charlie - As per your 10:32pm answer ... he's looking for a creeper not a wife
biggrin.gif

Hey Carey H,

There is the Classifieds section here on the CC forum where you could list it for sale for your friends widowed mother. Also, if you go back through the For Sale listings for the past several months, you can get an idea of what an Original is worth by looking at asking prices as I know there have been several listed there. It will also give you an idea of worth versus condition as well. Hope this helps you and will encourage you to still visit the forum after Ken's explaination of the rules. If you list it for sale in the classifieds, you know that the Cubby will go to a good home and your friends mother will get a fair price.

i just went to j.luckeys CC id page and it looks like i don't have a 102 afterall, mine has headlights,but there is no pics of a 104. i tried the crossreference in the faq so i know it's a 1966 but not the model. sn = 139160 any help here?

Stephen C.-

Just because your tractor has headlights has nothing to do with what model it is. If it's a gear drive 10 h.p. built in 1966, I'm willing to bet it's a 102.

thnx matt, my buddy i bought it off of swears it's a 102 also, i was confused by the pics w/o headlights on j/l's page. yes it's a gear drive 10 hp
on another note though, going through the archives/faq/ everywhere else here the mule drive show 2 [two] adjusters.. mine has one.i think i was reading about how to level your deck or some such
my pto throws the belt and i saw the adjustment info so now what rebuild it?

oh and on the gremlin chat... my brother in law has a 1973 mint cond. gremlin up on blocks in the inlaws basement 8400 miles on it. go figure huh?

can someone tell me where i could download a service manual for an original?

Does anyone know who makes this 3-point drawbar? I modified the pic to spare your eyes.
83285.jpg

confused.gif

Scott, is that a greenie hiding under that yeller? lol
I know that the spindles for the fronts on a 982 are 1", and are set for 18 inch wheels... will they jack up the front of my 149 without changin the axle itself out?( the whole thing is 1" diameter i figured, but i wasn't sure, so i asked anyhow.)
Thanks Glen

GLEN - OFFICALLY, You can make ANYTHING work if You try hard enough.....but compared to My 70, 72, and the 129 I used to have the frt axle on My 982 is about 50%-100% beefier. And if I remember right the fabricated spindles on the XX8/XX9-series had 3/4" bores for the bolts.

Don t. (and I hope this helps Charlie's headache):
To the untrained eye, here's a load of yellow/white junk that just got about a 600 mile ride and isn't "home", yet.
To those who've wondered, yes, 3 narrowframes will fit quite neatly on a 6'x10' landscape trailer. Trouble is, without an anti-sway bar the trailer wants to fishtail some just over 60mph. Also cuts about 3mpg off regular mpg.
83289.jpg

Frank, that one on the right sure looks good!
happy.gif
Ooo, and an Original with fenders.
thumbsup.gif

Kraig, I wish you hadn't said that. That one's mine, a 125 from eBay that I got for $102.50. I told Mike, the seller, that I just bid on it so no one else would steal it. It needs a carb, gas tank and brackets, governor linkage, etc. and a long soaking in PB. I'm leaning towards just using it for parts, but with comments like yours...
wink.gif

Latest posts

Back