• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Archive through July 28, 2008

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dtanner

displayname
Donald Tanner
Haveing a good day here got the 147 out for a little drive and she will make a great tractor with her new tires and rebuilt mower deck.
89300.jpg

had some time to get a few parts ready for glasblaster in the am, hope its not to hot with all the safety gear on.
89301.jpg

Cleaned the 129 rear for blasting also. trying to catch Krag lol
89302.jpg

I think the 147 should have a new seat. i don`t know where po got this one but it won`t crack lol

Cub Dealer wants $26 per brake pad for the 1200 external brakes. 104 dollars + tax is a little pricy for the brakes, even if brakes are important. I thought I read about purchasing brake material and gluing them to the existing brake pad backing plate. Any info on this would be appreciated.

I appear to have sheared the driveshaft rollpin closest to the transaxle input shaft on my Model 73.

I need some general guidance about how to go about replacing it.

It seems as though I should be able to do this in place, but I'm having difficulty getting at it in order to extract the broken pieces. I can't *see* the transaxle input shaft in order to tell when the holes are properly aligned (in order to *drive* the broken pieces out); nor can I *pull* the broken ends out with needle-nose pliers (in order to get a better view of the input shaft).

Do I need to remove the entire transaxle from the frame? That seems like a bigger job than should be required to replace a lousy rollpin.

Like I said, I'd be grateful for any big-picture guidance as to how I should go about making a comparatively minor repair.

Thanks in advance.

Rob, did you by chance look at CC Specialties for brake pads ? Quite affordable too.

Can someone tell me how much fluid my 127 holds in the hydro? Rich

Thanks digger, I should have known that but I guess CRS has kicked in. Rich

sorry, I asked this questions but can't remember when I asked and can't locate it or answers...got pretty busy

Does anyone know the original cost of 149, 169 back in 1973/1974. approximate. thanks. can email me directly would be great with all information

Don, maybe a seat that wont crack ain't such a bad thing after all you know? My seat on the smaller red tractor is all cracked, pinches over every bump, lol.
beerchug.gif

Did anyone else see this setup?
It looks like a good way to make sure you never run it low on fluid. And an easy way to fill it up if you did.
biggrin.gif

89313.jpg

89314.jpg

Don T. & Glen C.
IH designed them that way to keep you alert and awake while your mowing! I thought everyone knew that.
tongue.gif

Saw that creepy on Epay. Did ya see what it brought Charlie? Over 234 bucks!!! Must be that rare factory attachment
eek.gif
. Same seller had a homemade sleeve hitch that didn't look too bad. At first glance, thought it was the real deal till I looked closer. Eyes must be gettin bad.

Posted my 100 a couple of weeks ago; here's my 147. Does a fine job on our "lawn".
89333.jpg

Greg,

Nice looking 147! I use mine for mowing all the time. I agree they do a fine job on the lawn. Eventually when I have some free time, I would like to restore mine to a "looker" like yours.

James,
my Dad paid 1803.00 for a 149 in 1973... 127.00 for the mower...HTH

I have a 149 and a 129. They have 42" and 48" mower decks. Before I call one of the sponsors to get new blades for them, would someone like to chime in and suggest what type works best.

Scott Tanner,

By using this inflation calculator your dad's 149 would cost new today= $9,571.17. Sure glad these old Cubs last as long as they do or I'd never be able to afford one.

Steve, not much choice for the 42" and 48" decks (or the 38" decks). Regular or hard surface are the only choices. They don't make Gator blades that fit these decks. If you have sandy soil or really tough grass or you use your decks as "light duty brush mowers" you might want to opt for the hard surface blades. My soil is sandy and I abuse my decks by using them to mow trails through my fields also I have a rather large lawn. I have a couple sets of the hard surface blades and they seem to last darn near forever. If your soil is not very sandy and/or your easy on your decks and/or you have a smaller lawn then you should be able get by fine with the regular blades.

<FONT SIZE="-2">IMO, FWIW, YMMV, My $0.02, Yada, Yada, Yada...</FONT>

Latest posts

Back