• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Archive through April 29, 2008

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Frank, the 125 is my favorite Cub Cadet. I have two of them. One of them my parents bought new back in 1969. I also have two 105s that I hope to get going some day.

Frank C. Ditto to what Kraig says about 125s. That little fella just needs some TLC and you'll be the proud owner of a 125. A 125 was the first Cub Cadet my ex and I bought. It had a blown engine so we ordered a new one. The first time that I mowed with it I thought what a dog. Finally something said to check the blades to see if they were dull. Turns out the PO had sharpened them and installed them upside down. Sadly that little guy was traded on a new 682. However I often wonder if the 125 that I have now isn't that same little Cub. Just that feeling of Deja vu'.

Sooo, id need a 982 axle to use the corresponding spindles... right?

You guys are not helping me out at all! i was hoping to bring all 3 of them cubs home to Nova Scotia. i need a few n frames around here. 7 cubs would be nice till i find the right D to even it out .lol

ment to post this last night but for rays question id say its a 10hp. measure the carb cover's diamiter. i beleive a 10hp is about 6 or 7 inches and the 7hp is like 4 inches.
about the crapsmen lssue just like someone else said, save the money buy 2 good ol cubbies, take them in t he garage, crack open a beer, start playin Brad Paisley's "I'm Gonna Miss Her", do some quick wrenchin on them, and mow happily ever after

For what it's worth, we also have a 125 we mow with. I've had to promise Jeanne that it's hers and I won't sell it. The 147 and Original on the trailer are Don T.'s. They all came with decks. Since the 125 is pretty much an upgraded 123, it seemed appropriate to get it for parts, since we wanted to take a trip to Conn. and the NY Berkshires, anyway. Crammed a lot into a 4 day trip, since 2 days was travel time. I'll admit that meeting Jim Chabot and seeing pics of his restored 125 makes owning one even more enjoyable. The old Original is probably in the best shape of all of them, from a reasonably inexpensive restoration standpoint.
bubbly.gif

Brad S. - Get this and play it for <u>HER</u> and see if she takes the hint ...

Guns N' Roses (I Used To Love Her)

Ken, i have that cd...too bad i cant post a link to it for him
lol.gif

I just put a creeper unit on my 122. Do I need to shorten the drive shaft to accomodate that?
Do I have to pull the engine to get the clutch and drive shaft out?
Thanx
Joe B.

Jed Dagel:

First, welcome to the forum.
83293.jpg

Attached is a Wiring Diagram of the 15 Amp Charging System used on the K Series Kohlers. All voltages are measured at 3600 RPM engine speed or Wide Open Throtlle (WOT).

83294.jpg

Hopes this helps. If you need additional information, just ask away.

thumbsup.gif

joe b.
I just installed a creeper in my 102 this past weekend and I pulled the motor completely out of the tractor to get the stock driveshaft out. the manual says you can just move the motor forward but that seemed to simple for me. your driveshaft will need to be 13.5" long acording to the manuals i read with your hole location for the pin at 13.25". i have to get mine cut down.

GLEN - FWIW, I'd do the Super Steer Upgrade and install a later MTD CC front axle since it has splined 1.00" spindles that will accept the wheels/tires from a 982 already plus set the front of Your CC up slightly, give it a much smaller turning circle, and several other imnprovements. I think the axle You need is off a 1541 model or something similar.

Hey from the deep south. The name's Craig from Ga. I have been reading postings and must admit I am a novice. Hope to learn a lot from you guys though.

Craig, I have been a member for several months. I rarely post as I don't have a lot to add.

You'll definitely learn. What these folks don't know about cub cadets, ain't worth knowing.

help, been looking thru the parts catalog, and can't seem to find where the muffler is supported on my 129. there is a thin bracket with a threaded hole, but don't see a place for a bracket on the engine.

sorry, part number would be ih393840r91, hope that clears up any questions.

Latest posts

Back