• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Archive through April 17, 2012

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Don...
beerchug.gif

Ed C.-

The terminal underneath is NOT a ground, it is the "GEN" terminal. The "F" goes to the "F" wire, "B" = "BAT" on your old regulator, and don't put anything on the "L" terminal.

All-

Finally trying to catch up on things here...last Saturday night a tornado went about 1/4 mile south of me and I just now got my electricity back and was able to move back in. What a mess. It also badly damaged a few buildings at my employer, so I've had a nice vacation this week
happy.gif

Matt G - glad to hear you got power back, and to see your posting again. We been missing your technical input.

Don T - sounds like you got some real work done there. I assume that one last bolt is one you reach in the axle channel. They are a real pain. Hey, if you and Jeff keep banging those glasses together one of em's gonna break!!!

has any one put bob cat tires on a cub b4
bc i had found a set at work and i think i could put tubes in them

JESSY - I haven't actually seen any pic's of CC's with those skid-steer tread tires on them, they're actually called "R-4 tread". But I've seen a couple off-topic tractors with them.

Several companies, including IH, made small compact skid-steers with the same size 23-8.50 X 12 tires as many CC's had on them, and the skid-steers used those R-4 tires. Most bigger skid-steers used larger 15 & 16 inch diameter rims.

I thought long & hard about putting a set of R-4's on the back of my CC 72 back in the month or so before the first Plow Day the Blunier Family held, but a pair of 23-8.50 X 12 Firestone 23 degree bar tires won out.

The R4 tread has wider lugs, more rubber in contact with the ground, so technically there would be less ground disturbance, traction on hard surfaces like dry concrete or blacktop should increase, wear on those surfaces should be less. I was thinking they'd be a great compromise between a turf tire and ag tire and maybe favor the ag tire just a bit. I still think they would work great. One thing is most of those small R-4 tires are 4-ply, they're a LOT stiffer than the turf or bar tires. The sidewalls are reinforced so much you can almost run those R-4 tires uninflated.

JESSY GORDON
If you need tires real bad then go ahead, but I think you will hate them. I think they are to stiff and the traction they will give you won`t be much.The best tires for our cub`s are tires that have a soft compound . I like my tru-powers on my diesel, I was able to plow snow this winter without chains.I have cal filled tires on my 129 loader and 100 lbs of wheel weight on each rear tire and every small rock I drive over I feel it . To stiff a tire and no chains will suck getting around, A cub just does not have the weight a Bob Cat does.

Hydro Harry

That last bolt is for the grill bolt. I have everything else ready to pull it today and have the pan checked for cracks.Funny thing ,last time I took the K out and installed a new gasket ,the engine did not leak on my engine stand !
1a_scratchhead.gif
I do hope this is the last time I have to remove it. I will have it checked this time
bash.gif
.Have a great day.

Wayne

60 is just a few days away,
cubwinker.gif
coffee.gif

thanks guys on the input on the skid steer tires it was just a thought it whould be cool to get the track kit for a bob cat and make a cub with tracks

Matt.G
Glad you are OK. There have been enough tornados in this area this year that I can more than understand the problems you and others have had.

Thanks Matt for the voltage reg info. I did wind up using the JD older style 4 post regulator. I think I have the side of the on/off switch to the coil hooked up to the "L " right now. Figured that was a load running the ignition. Guess I will remove it and see what happens.
GAS TANKS - Whenever I do work on a gas tank I usually wash them out with paint thinner, then soap and water. After that I put it up to an exhaust pipe of a car and let it run for a little bit but not until it gets HOT. Just make sure the exhaust is not throwing out sparks or really short like on a motorcycle or tractor. You don't want to ignite any left over fumes. The exhaust I was told should get rid of leftover fumes. I usually try to solder small holes using a GUN and no flame. If I have to use flame or sparks near it I first try and test to see if all fumes are gone by sticking something out of it and lighting it with something long while protecting myself. Better to have it go "WOOF" then - then while working on it unexpectedly. Had a friend do that while brazing pennies to the tank trying to fill a hole. Shot the penny a few hundred feet! Of course doing any of that kind of work yourself - your at your own risk.
Muratic Acid breaks down metal and makes it VERY weak. I think it actually changes the carbon content in it. I took rusty vise grips once and soaked them a few minutes. The next time I used them they broke in half!........So be careful using it on metal....

Hey Guys I just got a 42" blade off a 1250.
The manual looks to be for 86,1X8 or 1X9 but the pictures show a 76 narrow frame. Will it fit the 109? The 109 is at Dads and I may not want to get him worked up if I screwed up.

Back