• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Archive through April 06, 2019

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Kraig-

Whoever hacked up the photo, I hope the T-shirt looks better since they are charging for it!

B

Brian J.
Beautiful picture of the best looking design series that IHC ever built!
angel.gif

Gerry -

Thank you! That was taken immediately after the final details were done and it was light enough to bring it outside for the first time. This was 2 houses ago. I had posted process pics here along the way. Here is a before pic.

325171.jpg

325172.jpg

I did change out the original seat before the pics were taken. I still have the original low white pan and a new replacement cushion but I prefer the high back for practical use.

Here's an image from 2005 showing a home made wheel weight rig and the QA-42 with wheels on the skids.

325173.jpg

Brian

Brian, does it still have this decal under the seat?

325178.jpg

Brian, I've quoted this post where you first posted about adding those wheels to the skids, a few times over the years.

<blockquote><hr size=0><!-quote-!><font size=1>quote:</font>

By Brian Jordan /149 (Bjordan) on Saturday, January 19, 2002 - 01:44 pm:

The Grand Experiment! I added some wheels to my QA42A skids to see if I can eliminate the twin scrapes it leaves behind on my drive way. I had a couple of MTD 5" gauge wheels laying around so I drilled a hole centered in each skid and bolted them on. I had to add about 5 3/8's washers to each skid bolt to give clearance to the nut securing the wheel.<!-/quote-!><hr size=0></blockquote>

325180.jpg

I still get good vertical adjustment.<!-/quote-!><hr size=0></blockquote>

325181.jpg

325182.jpg

...had to turn my nuts around too(you know how painful that can be).

A quick test on the ride back out to the shed and all seemed well. It even handles going up the concrete ramp better. A little snow here today continuing into tonight but so far not enough to use this on. Here's hoping.<!-/quote-!><hr size=0></blockquote>

Kraig-

No. That was just a gag I made up for the pic to see if anyone was reading.
happy.gif

Brian

Also, as to the question of whether the skid wheels worked or not... in my situation the answer was yes in my first house with a nearly level drive. They also made the thrower easier to manage off of the tractor. I would just lift by the QA mount and push like a wheel barrow to what ever spot in the garage or shed I needed to. On this particular driveway in my second house the failure points were anytime I headed downhill. The pic doesn't show it well but it was 150' steeply uphill to the street. The Tru Powers and wheel weights (250 lbs total) were fine going up. Going forward downhill worked too. The trouble was once I got to the bottom I couldn't back up. The pitch was such that the weight of the snow thrower on the front was just enough that combined with the forward pitch would shift the enough of the weight towards the front so to make the rear just light enough that the tires still didn't make solid contact. I would sometimes have to get the spouse to stand on the rear hitch to give me just enough counter balance to back up and turn around. She always had said that she wished there were something to do to help outside, not sure that was what she had in mind.

So I was in the process of of coming up with something to hang off the back similar to some of the items I had seen created here but never finished. I since resorted to a walk-behind that turned out to be faster getting the job done in this case. No 3 or 5 point turns.

Brian

Digger - I didn't think Kraig would let me get away with it.....
popcorn2.gif

Digger - I didn't think Kraig would let me get away with it.....
popcorn2.gif
<!-/quote-!><hr size=0></blockquote>

1a_scratchhead.gif

icon_eek.gif

banned1.gif

Back