• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Archive through April 15, 2009

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

whecht

displayname
Willis Hecht
Marlin I Looked for the Serial #s last night on my 109 Hydro but still no luck. It has the Pullies on the back for the tiller I think they might be benind that plate. What do you think. I am also still looking for the belt configuration for the mower and tiller.

Willis H. Other guys have more first hand experience with the tiller gearbox covering up the serial number than I do. Maybe someone can post a picture of a gearbox on the tractor to show if it does cover up the serial number.

Off to get a couple of miscellaneous parts of the Keepsake 1650 and then Fancy and I have a garage to clean.
Shift.gif

Thanks Robert I will try to take the gear box off and see what I can find. Iam also still looking where to find the Belt Configuration for the mower and Tiller

I have a 149 and I am having mower deck problems. The original 42 stamped deck is really rusted with a couple holes forming in the shell. It is a 42u1113 deck. So I found a 421 u1116 on Craigslist that was from a 126. My question is will the deck lift frame work on my 149? It looks the same except where my lift has a flat plate-in front of the center pulley location this one has a round rod that has some indents in it. Also I would like to get the spindles apart and grease them. These are the style that has the screw in grease fitting in the top with a large washer and the underside of the spindle is not a beveled shape it is more straight. Can I just take the blade off and pull the spindle shaft out of the top so I do not have to remove the pulley? Thanks,
Mark

Mark, the deck should work just fine with your 149, you will have to use your existing deck sub-frame. Your 149 is a wide frame, the 126 is a narrow frame. Why do you want to take the spindles apart to grease them? Just pump new grease into them.

In any case, the spindles come out the top of the deck shell, you may have trouble accessing the screw heads on the center spindle if you do not remove the pulley.

149899.jpg

Thanks Randy, I thought the brinly sleeve hitch would fit my 100, just wanted to make sure.

thanks for the mouse nest and other great suggestions for me to try.

the last owner said he stored it for a year and found a mouse nest on top, by the spark plug. it looks like he removed the whole nest, but im going to remove the shrouds, degrease and clean all the cooling fins. maybe i will find more of the nest.

there does appear to be a minor leak from the head gasket. i was not going to worry about it right now, i just wanted to see if i could get it to stop stalling.
do you think it is worth it to just change the head gasket while i am at it?
i mean rather then confirming it is blown, just assume it is and replace it. that way, blocked cooling fins and blown head gasket is ruled out as the cause of the stalling.

can the head gasket (128, kohler 12HP K301A)be bought locally? do cadet dealers stock it?
or am i better off with an online, old cadet dealer.

by the way, you guys are great. a lot of help.
just in case you have not heard that in awhile.

i also like "fancy, the cat". one of mine runs when she sees me with the wheelbarrow. if i ever tried to put her on the tractor i would need stitches. a lot of stitches.

Frank S.

The sponcers above should carry the gasket. It can also be purchased locally at a CC dealer or a small engine shop that services Kohler engines.

Richard, I believe you just did.... When he sees your post he'll respond if he wishes.

hello guys the oil filter # for my 982 onan motor purolator L14477 fyi

Frank: You are going that far by taking the shrouds off by all means pull the head replace the gasket. Also a great time to clean and check around the valves. Turn it over a few times to see if the valve movement is good.

Could very well resolve any issues you have.

Pops

Deffinately pull the head. Could be the exhaust valve sticking due to carbon build up. Remember, Kohler recommends pulling the head once a year to decarbon the head and valves. Of course nobody does this, but every few years is a good practice.

I run a pretty good amount of MMO in my fuel to help lube the valves and keep carbon build up down even running fairly rich, which Kohler also recommends. (that's why the suggest decarboning the head once a year)

Hey guys, what's up? Got some more work done on the 104 yesterday and today. I want to start putting it back together but have a ton of little stuff to paint yet! It has'nt been super warm here so the paint is taking forever to cure so slow going till it does. Here's what I have so far.
149905.jpg

149906.jpg

149907.jpg

149908.jpg

Charlie, I have no idea where to look for those washers for the throttle shaft.
1a_scratchhead.gif

I have really hesitated to write this. I am discovering that there is nothing I have asked or said that is not already written (errors aside). So this is out there somewhere. I found it triple checking how to wire a four post voltage regulator (cco & 70/100) to my 129. If you are a spec freak you'll love it.
http://bandsent.com/component/option,com_wrapper/Itemid,155/

Latest posts

Back