• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Archive through April 15, 2009

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Richard P: Throttle shaft repair: go to your nearest hardware store that carries Hillman Hardware products and get yourself some Hillman 58087-A, bronze thrust bushings. They can be found on @ pge 97 of the Hillman Refillable Assortments catalog...Then go to an auto parts store and get yourself a GreatNeck brand 6mm long socket to tamp the Hillman thrust bushing(s) down over the throttle shaft. Throttle shaft problem solved!! BTDT!!

Myron B
CCSupplyRoom

worthy.gif

Ok I found a guy how wants to sell his cub collusion. he has 16 cubs and 32 implements not including more decks. he is asking $12000.00 that is $750.00 per cub. I don't no what modals or implements he has yet. should i get my wolet out?}

Mike M.-

That depends on too many things...models, condition, options, location, etc. Personally, I think that is a ridiculous price. I paid less than 20% of that for a similar number of tractors (granted none of them ran, but several had lights, 3-points, creepers, etc.) Something is only worth whatever someone is willing to pay for it. If you want to drop $12K on 16 tractors, that's entirely your decision, and I'm not gonna lose any sleep over it...
wink.gif

Matt:
In that case, Mike's right, it does sound like collusion.. (maybe with his wolet???) (Is that an Australian wolet??)
bouncy.gif

Very frustrating afternoon messing with the Cub 147. For the life of me I cannot figure out why the electric lift is not functioning. I can put jumpers to the lift itself and can make it operate perfectly. Hook it up to the wire harness and nothing. Switch checks out on the meter, 12 volts to the hot wire on the switch, continuity good through the harness from the switch to the motor. Hook up the switch and nothing. Am I not getting any ground? Thats the only thing I can narrow it down to. Thanks for any advice.

Randy

I am thinking about replacing the spring assist lift to electric for my #2 tiller on a 1200 it looks fairly simple to install, I read some archives and know charlie likes it for his tiller are these long lasting and dependable? i also have a 128 and was wondering if one was better than the other for tilling?

Randy R., try putting your meter across the two terminals of the harness side of the lift connector. You should see battery voltage on the meter when the lift switch is pushed. If you do have battery voltage... what are the condition of the connector terminals? Bad connection? Weak battery on the tractor? Others will chime in with thoughts!

Jeff B.

On the electric lift. Yes they work; but if you have enough arm the spring assist will not let you down unexpectedly.
Personally I'm not a fan of depending on electric...anything.

Evening Gents, today I put a regular size truck battery on my 1250. Had to raise the seat up three and a half inches, alot more cranking power and since Im kinda tall, made (my space)a little more comfy. If the drive shaft had a pully added behind the rag joint, would it be sturdy enough to pull an aux hydraulic pump? Got an idea brewing somewhere back there between my ears.

Tiller question are the tillers model specific or do they mount up to all. I have a 127 and was told that I wouldnt be able to find a tiller for it. Thanks for any input. I have been reading the FAQ but havent seen what fits what.

Mike "L",
The person you talked to doesn't know what they are talking about!! Post a WANTED in the classifed section and you have lots of'em.

I bought a beat-up 1450 last month and I noticed that the charging system isn't working. Can the regulator etc be checked with a VOM? thanks, Ken

hello guys got a qustion anyone know who makes this an what its called
149922.jpg

149923.jpg

Hi guys. Found a 7ft x 14 ft Cub hauler and brought it home yesterday. I think this will carry at least 4 cubs. I will need the front brakes install later. its build with 3.5 in channel angle and is well built with no box iron to rust inside and break with a load on.my small trailer would not let me load a cub with the mower deck installed and was a pain to back up behind the 250 ram.Hope to make a USA trip and see Frank C over there in Maine in May. possible if parts arrive for a few Cubs that i have here. Have a great day all. Later Don T
old.gif

149927.jpg

Randy R., as Todd noted check the connector at the lift. The switch controls both +12 and ground for the lift. Bad wire, connector,switch on either wire will disable lift.

Michael Lies (Mlies) -

here is one way you can find out which tiller will fit. they have operator manuals scanned in, just download them and read which ones fit your tractor.

MANUALS

i thought i found an even easier link, you just type in your model and they show all the attachments that fit, but i cant find that link right now.

Back