• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Archive through April 07, 2016

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'll be honest. I changed the iso mounts in my 1200 a few years ago, and never did the mod.
bottom.gif

But, I didn't have the welding option open to me. I do plan on doing it this year. I may just have to get the solid spacers and see what happens. Then I can report back.
Don't wait on me though, life always seems to have its own plan.

Attachments

• bottom.gif
    bottom.gif
    27.7 KB · Views: 104
303396.jpg

303397.jpg

303398.jpg

Here are some pics of my k341aqs. It has a mechanical fuel pump on it as well. I don't know what it was used on but seems like a good cub candidate to me

Attachments

• 303398.jpg
    303398.jpg
    34.6 KB · Views: 98
  • 303397.jpg
    303397.jpg
    18.6 KB · Views: 104
  • 303396.jpg
    303396.jpg
    14.6 KB · Views: 101
  • 303396.jpg
    303396.jpg
    14.6 KB · Views: 108
  • 303397.jpg
    303397.jpg
    18.6 KB · Views: 112
  • 303398.jpg
    303398.jpg
    34.6 KB · Views: 103
Hydro Harry, I used Charlie's replacement bushings as well in my 1450. I thought they worked quiet well, and even with the well-worn rag joints, my tractor ran smooth as could be! I just feel better using genuine, so that's what I done for my 1450. I broke down and paid the price for all four new corners. I have always taken a respect to Myron Bounds advice on IH Cub Cadet wisdom. He suggests using o.e.m as well, or the "part it was born with" ! I don't believe there is a huge "gain" in whatever using solid spacer mounts as opposed to the options given in Charlie's faq's, other than a cost-saving alternative. Oh true, steel lasts longer than rubber,... big whip!

Say, also during the Quiet Line production run, a double rag joint was used at the pump-end of the drive line. What was the real benefit of this? I have a set-up of this double rag joint thing, but just have not got around to installing it in my 1450, if it is indeed a "up-grade".

Also, the cast iron deep-sump oil pans are another complement to a cradle mod. Speaking of 1450's, its been two weeks since I started mine! Gonna do that today!

John L.-

The double rag joint will last longer. The 82 series have two flex discs on both ends of the driveshaft.

Steel mounts in a QL will shake you to pieces, and using sway bar mounts is not much better. The OEM parts, while expensive, are the way to go.

Matt is 100 % correct on the ISO mounts.
greenthumb.gif

Attachments

• greenthumb.gif
    greenthumb.gif
    8.3 KB · Views: 101
  • greenthumb.gif
    greenthumb.gif
    8.3 KB · Views: 99
I'm picking up on not even trying the hard mounts for my quiet lines. Good enough for me. I'll just replace the rubber with rubber.

Richard - good to see your post.

All - on the Quiet Line ISO-mounts, I was pretty much figuring the solid steel mounts would give you the real shakes.

Now, for the rest (other side) of the story: Is everyone saying there really was a benefit to Kohler having balance gears in their K series 12-16hp engines prior to the Quiet Lines??? I know David Kirk has determined Kohler under balanced them but it sounds like "every little bit helped".

To all that provide the V/R info: thanks for the response info. I guess if I need a new V/R for my 169 I'll keep looking for a version that has the actual ground terminal. I realize having the braided wire to the mount tab will ground it. I was wondering more about continuing to use the little ground wire I set up and others that may still have the pig tail ground wire coming off the battery. Probably not that big a deal.

Ooh, and Lewis - isn't that wrist band mount removable. I kinda wondered why IH didn't use that version and just mount the V/R directly on the S/G as so many others did.

Kraig - Oh Great One, Keeper of the Photos -
Ok, I know it's tough, but just go ahead and DO it.
bash.gif
dunno.gif

Attachments

• dunno.gif
    dunno.gif
    3.5 KB · Views: 94
  • bash.gif
    bash.gif
    904 bytes · Views: 96
" I guess if I need a new V/R for my 169 I'll keep looking for a version that has the actual ground terminal. I realize having the braided wire to the mount tab will ground it. I was wondering more about continuing to use the little ground wire I set up and others that may still have the pig tail ground wire coming off the battery. Probably not that big a deal"

Harry,
we have some of those too,I bet Charlie has a bunch of them also.

Matt G- Thank you for your responce
ihrotate.gif
I guess two is better than one, and ( by rights ) should last longer. I know the drive line between the single and double are different in length. I thought I could simply swap-out one for the better, but did not appear to co-operate with me. Then, I thought I would replace the drive line flange affixed to the flywheel hub of the engine while I'm "in-it this far" sort of project. After my new Firestone 23 x 10.5 x 12 Flotation AG upgrade, I will proceed with this double rag joint conversion. Might as well go for that "clamp-on" bar that operates the single spool valve from the hyd. lift control lever too ( lots to do ) !

Hydro Harry, I sure don't want to fuel a fire, but I think alternatives to the "factory" iso mount replacement, being steel, neoprene, rubber, or other, is a good way to get one of these old Quiet Line units back in business on a budget! If someone asks, I always recommend Genuine Replacement Parts!

About the balance gear subject: I found them in my 1450 #2. I removed them based on the story of self destructing and wrecking the internals of the AQS engines. But before hand, I've read and understood the reasoning behind the addition of the balance gears. Much like a race car engine,....recall that IH literature on the QL? I'm fine with out the balance gears, unless I was to report to the correct police, lol!

Attachments

• ihrotate.gif
    ihrotate.gif
    1.7 KB · Views: 96
Hydro, I wouldn't do that. All in fun.
happy.gif
happy.gif
happy.gif

Attachments

• happy.gif
    happy.gif
    879 bytes · Views: 92