• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Archive through April 06, 2008

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

aaytay

IHCC Supporter
displayname
Home of the Plow Special
Look out guys, it looks like 'ol "Shopping Cart Stevie" has finally figured out how to deal with the heaps of trash we sometimes encounter in the Plow Field. He's got a turbo charger, super charger, and an after burner that creates a super-fast exhaust stream blowing trash right out of his way!

82149.jpg

Rumor has it he's changing the decal on the back of his plow to read "Blow Chief"....
82150.gif

<font size="-2">BTW Steve.. I think you're gonna need a bit more point in that plow. We typically like to see the land about 1"-2" off the ground.</font>
roflol.gif

Art,

Don't forget the mid mounted 54" stubble chopper up front........

<font size="-2">Dangle a "doodle-bug" lure with a single 12" hook in front of a large mouth Art fish and they'll snag it every time......</font>
happy.gif
happy.gif
happy.gif

Tim Keefe
The studs can be replaced. Find a junk Delco Gen and rob one out of it or go to a local "automotive electrical" or some such shop, that specializes in starter and generator repair and if you have dismanteled the generator, they will probably not charge you much to fix it. I didn't have a junk generator to get one from,so that's what I did.

Spindle help! I am having a hard time getting the center pulley off my 38" 357 deck. The pulley has the wide top belt and I need the smaller belt pulley. The spindle on this deck has a # 719-3056 which is a triangular shaped 3 bolt design. I tried to take it apart and am confused how it is put together. It looks as though it has a shaft threaded on 2 ends and some bushings with a bearing in the center. Does anybody have a diagram of this type of spindle.
I used the search function, but can't seem to find what I am looking for. Are parts available for these spindles? Bearings, seals, center shaft? This is a new deck and I am afraid that I have messed up some parts in the spindle from trying to get the pulley off.

Mark

Now Steve...THAT WAS FUNNY......Large Mouth Art Fish.....He He He ...
lol.gif

Mark try the parts look up above. It should give you some idea.

STEVE - I like the DMI clamp-on dual. Your 782 has Wedge-Loc wheels right?
lol.gif

CHARLIE - If I remember right Your Cub hauler has a 238 Detroit in it right? Travis should hear You coming from about five miles away.....UP WIND.

Steve: I love the looks of your 782 nice class!

Got the 1000 out Fri. night and noticed the fenders had a bunch of paint chips in the fenders. Seems some little boys with driveway stones were throwing them in the storage building! Rats.
irritated.gif

Sunday my wife and I went up north to visit our son and daughter-in-law as I was driving down the road I happened to notice about 1/4 of mile down the left side of another road a Cub sitting out by the road. Didn't say anything as we went on and visited.

Coming back home I turned down mentioned road and stopped to check the old Cub out. My wife says "How in the heck did you see that from the other road." I just smiled.
angel.gif

Its a Cub 1200 with snowplow, newer style deck and really in pretty good shape. So I got the people's phone number and going to see if we can deal!

Pops
bubbly.gif

Steve, wow, I was looking at the background in the photos you just posted. Yikes, those houses popped up like mushrooms! I had to go look up these.

82155.jpg

82156.jpg

Out in the Cub Shack to do some repairs on my O and found bearings shot on the front shaft for the deck.now if i only knew the ih number to get replacements. also got a new toy for my cub on Saturday, i hope this will help to get tractor at a beter highth to work on . later Don T
coffee.gif

82160.jpg

82161.jpg

Wes V,

Since you replaced your S/G, the first thing you should do is to set the polarity of it to get it in sync with the voltage regulator polarity. You do this by taking a jumper cable wire and attach one end to the "BAT" terminal on the voltage regulator. Then momentarily touch the other end of the jumper wire to "ARM" terminal on the regulator. You will see a small spark but that is alright. Then start it up and see if it charges.

Starter Maintenance; Looking for some advice on how you would go about cleaning up the inside of a starter. There was quite a squeal when the starter engaged or just after it pulls back in. I pulled it apart and the brushes look ok, but the armature and the case is pretty dirty. Any thoughts on what the best way to clean up the internals? I will clean up the bedix shaft and lube it up, hopefully getting rid of the squeal. Thanks.

Don T.
Depending on when your deck was made,
1960 TO 1961--- P/N IH-470849-R91
1962 TO 1963--- P/N IH-470880-R91
And in case you want to know what a NOS, Made in the good ole USA looks like.
82163.jpg

well Charlie it was built 12/61 and bought in Canada and i don`t see another tag with an id so?
82167.jpg

82168.jpg

Don T.
The one on the left as you can see has a thicker inner race, 1960 TO 1961-P/N IH-470849-R91 Compared to the one on the right,1962 TO 1963-P/N IH-470880-R91.
But according to Cub Cadet, they are in fact the same bearing, so either will work for the same application.
82171.jpg

Have a few questions regarding the restoration of my 122.

Front PTO clutch: when looking at the front of the engine, which way does the locking collar for the PTO bearing get tightened, clockwise or counter? Also, which direction does the engine typically spin from this view?

Cub Cadet Paint: What is the proper hardener and reducer to use with this paint. Brands or part #'s would be great.

Battery tray: The previous owner pigged this up to install a car battery. I had the sheet metal removed and a new section welded in place. Where are the hole locations for the battery hold down bolts. Need coordinates from some reference point. I need to drill 2 new holes.

Thank you all.
Alex

Alexander D.-

Cub Cadets have the engines mounted such that they spin CCW when viewed from the front.

Kraig,

Corn field to subdivision four streets deep and 3/4 of a mile long in 5 years......nuts!!!!!

Latest posts

Back