• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Archive through April 02, 2011

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Dennis,
You hit on way I would even care if you can cut 12 inch grass in 3rd gear.

I grew up on a 107 that dad bought in 1971.
That thing and I have been though all kinds of things. I have as many good memories of that tractor as I do in the back seat of my first car.

GREG - Actually, Cat 0 3-pt's by design are not to have down force. And the big Cat 1,2,3, etc's don't either. Only the IH Fast-Hitch had down force.

MIKE F. - re: cooling fan RPM, actual engine temp is more a function of load and ambient temp. Matt G has posted a chart of cooling air flow by RPM here and it's directly 100% proportional to engine RPM. In cool temps on light loads it is possible to over-cool a Kohler, or any air-cooled engine.
Seeing that most pulling engines have no cooling fins on the block and no vanes to move cooling air on he flywheel at all I think it's safe to say that short duration high load conditions won't cause catastrophic melt-down. Now if you're going to run an engine hard for more than a few minutes I'd want to make sure you have cooling air flow.

WAYNE S. - I actually agree that it takes power to blow cut clippings, and our mowers do pull harder while cutting in reverse because they aren't throwing clippings out, but they sure chop up leaves a WHOLE bunch better in reverse, or passing them thru the deck several times, or with the discharge chute blocked. That used to be my typical way of cleaning my yard years ago when I pulled a lawn sweeper for leaf clean-up. I still mow back & forth with the 982 blowing one swath onto uncut grass then blowing the clippings where I just mowed.

After I read my post.... yes the 107 is hydro trans and no I've never had to think about what gear I was in but I guess now that dad is 80 years old I'm just now thinking how important that all was to me. Just makes me smile.

You all have a good day I Worked last night so I'm off to sleep.

Thanks Denny - I guess I not only suffer from CRS, but also from MUSTIT (Making Up "Stuff" That Isn't True)!
lol.gif
But I was right (at least in my opinion) that they look really cool!

well i got some paint on her yesterday (61 o)

now re assembly can start happening

223542.jpg

223543.jpg

223544.jpg

Hi, I have a 1650 that the fuel shutoff push/ pull valve under the tank lost the plastic piece which lets you turn it on/ off. Its a huge pain without it right now and before I go out and find a replacement has anyone modified the placement of their shutoff so you can easily reach it without opening the side-skirt or cramming your hand around the tank and skirt?

-thanks

Marcus - I haven't come up with a solution yet, but I'll be watching for someone else's answer. The fuel shutoffs on my 1250 and 1450 are still intact and operational, but what a pain to get at!
angry.gif

GREG - Yep, have to agree on the Cat. O Cool factor, and REALLY REALLY handy & useful too.

Only thing I have to watch out for with mine is when backing up with nothing mounted on it, those lower lift arms stick out a ways.

I've made some Cat O attachments, but most of the time I have my sleeve hitch adapter on it, which I use to pull drawbar stuff. Nice being able to raise/lower hitch height with the touch of a lever.

Chris R., looking good!
thumbsup.gif

Jeremiah,
thumbsup.gif

Rich T.,
WELCOME.gif

Bill R.,
WELCOME.gif
Nice Original.
thumbsup.gif

Mike F., nice haul. Two Originals, sweet.
happy.gif

Regarding cutting 12" tall grass in 3rd with a 7hp Cub, I recall that discussion way back when. No further comment at this time.
angel.gif

Well I had a freind drop in here and welded the bearing back into the 129 loader after we go all the bends out.Did a fit and it will slide back in.I have decided to use a roll pin so I don`t have to remove the 12 K .I need to go get a pin sometime today .I`am doing a trunion repair on the 129 now becuse it seems to be a lot of slop in it. My 1512 cat o broke a chain off towing the 129 loader so I think I will bolt the chain fast. That will be it for today I think.Have a great day.

I allways thought my 61 O had good power,but it won`t mow 12" grass in 3rd and do any kind of a job. I find first slow and 2nd can be to fast sometimes. I think a hydro works the best for getting the correct ground speed to cut long grass. the dryer the better !

Back