• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Archive through April 02, 2011

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

wbest

displayname
William Best
Thanks Cubaroos for the info on the Starrett item. I will add it to my collection of old tools. I am not quite as old as the tool. Now lets see, just where did I put that collection.

Thanks so much Digger. Haven't seen those FAQ's before. Lots of great info.

Hello All,
Just wanted to call attention to the new Cadet Connection magazine. We have increased our size to 28 pages of full color coverage of your favorite garden tractors. Here is a pic of the new Spring 2011 issue which just came out yesterday. Check out our new logo and redesign of our front cover too. Check us out at www.cadetconnection.com we're only 19 bucks a year for 4 great issues!!

223413.jpg

decent little road trip to pa 2nd one within 2 weeks, diesel at 4.19 not good!
223419.jpg

That 50 inch deck should be just fine if you stay out of 3rd gear huh, Charlie????

Does anyone know what is involved in changing a mag 20 engine from an upright to a horizontal crankshaft so I can install it in a 782??

I think I will plan on the 44" deck for my 109 summer cutter.

thanks for input

I am working on dropping a k301 into a enginless 149 that I have hopefully next week.

So maybe I will give the 50" deck a try with that

223425.jpg

223426.jpg

...that's 12" TALL grass, in ONE pass and it looks GREAT....IIRC
happy.gif
happy.gif
happy.gif

This dog gone thing followed me home, I'm going to have to put it to work. May be for snow blowing next year? This summer it will be going out to the mail box. I want to Take it apart and paint it, but Dad wants me to keep it as is. I will have to give that some thought.
223439.jpg

Good morning. I am replacing the head gasket and removing the carbon on the K301 in my 125.

I would like to replace the head bolts.
Should I replace the studs as well?

What is the best source to buy these bolts from?

Frank

KEITH Duvall - re: NF lift lever button replacement. I went thru this about 7-8 yrs ago with my 72. If your talking about the top button, yes, it screws onto the rod inside the lift lever. But because of the hard life many of these CC's have led when someone removed the top nob I suspect the rod twisted off. The rod itself is "NLA" and for good reason. If you try installing it from the "bottom" the rockshaft gets in the way, bending the rod and making the latch so it won't work. You have to install the rod from "above" then heat & bend the rod to engage the quadrant at the bottom.

The little "float button" is simply pressed into the hole on the frt of the lift lever.

I know when I was working on my 72's lift lever all the small parts, the spring, washers, float button, top button were all still available at my local dealer. Not sure about now since many NF parts have gone "NLA. I suspect our sponsors above would have them if anybody would. Only thing I couldn't get was the long rod, which I bought the steel, 5/16" round rod from a loal hardware store and cut threads on for the top button, installed then bent.

QUESTION - Can a 7 HP CC even run a mower deck AND pull itself in 3rd gear?
1a_scratchhead.gif

I suspect it could if the creeper was in low range, that's about 1-3/4 MPH right?
Shift.gif
And it may cut SOME foot tall grass/weeds, a strip about six inches wide... Another thing it would have in it's favor would be about all the mower would do is knock the weeds down, not actually cut them...
lol.gif

" QUESTION - Can a 7 HP CC even run a mower deck AND pull itself in 3rd gear? "

Denny, yes, it could! I won't vouch for the "quality of cut" ... :cool:

I've never tried my 73 with the creeper and the deck. Talk about a waste of time! But some folks would consider that seat time I'm sure..

Whatever become of Mr. Steele? Or, Jim Chabot?? Now he put the fan in fanatic!

IH seemed to think it could be done. Of course they don't say what gear and how many passes it would take, LOL
223441.jpg

Mike F.
They both went on to bigger and better things when the registry started up, but after the registry died off, I dunno.

Steve B....".that's 12" TALL grass, in ONE pass and it looks GREAT....IIRC :) :) :)"...boy , that takes us WAY back....some things you just can't remember to forget..
blush.gif

223444.jpg

Keeping it on topic !!

I finally looked at that "482" that was for sale on Craigslist. Turned out it was a 782 (like Dennis thought) with a 482 hood and an engine out of a 582, with 1810 side panels. It was really rough, like it had been setting outside for several years. He wouldn't drop his price of $700 so I passed. It also had a CC nameplate pop riveted on but with an IH decal on the back. S/N was 719XXX I think.

Joey,
Want Ads go in the Classifieds section ONLY!
Charlie

Latest posts

Back