• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Archive through April 02, 2005

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I await the next cub book with great joy! I can't wait to read it. Alas the 71 is nowhere near ready for pictures yet. Keep up the great work Ken. Cheers Mike

Mike T.....The official IH "scrolls" state that the color of the grille on the 71 is "001 Canyon Black".....

On my way to fixing my 782 I have most of the parts and took the rear end off the tractor. Found out that the diff. housing is cast iron and the carriers are aluminum. I had a lot of dirt, grass, and oil grime built up around the hydro. If I remember right a few months ago some one said something about a gasket or seal that usually goes bad on the hydro? I think it might be between the hydro and the final drive? Can someone clarify this for me?

Thanks!

Jim

I say chrome.......

26891.jpg

.......but then we all know how accurate the brochures are. :eek:)

Mike-
Plain plated, at the time it was probably plain cad plating, but there's some silver paints that are probably pretty close. I just had mine replated with clear zinc.

Frances -

Don't get shook up, you didn't get poofed - I just moved your post to the PD subtopic.

Is it possible that the wire screen behind the steel grill was "canyon black", while the steel grill itself was plated????

I never understood what that screen was supposed to do, with the engine's air being blown out, there's not much that screen would do but collect grass clippings on the backisde. The only thing I can think it was there to do was to hide the engine from being seen as well behind the grille. Any thoughts?

Isn't it easier just to drive a WIDEFRAME and not worry about it????
happy.gif
happy.gif
happy.gif
happy.gif

<font size="-2">Stir...Stir...Stir the pot</font>

Steve, or drive a 72, 1x4/5 series they only had the the expanded metal grill. :eek:)

Quick question: How do you remove the steering wheel cap on a 125 without damaging the cap or wheel? Usually they're missing, but this tractor has been taken care of so the cap is still on. Thanks!

Matt G. -

IIRC (and assuming the cap wasn't GLUED on by the PO), it should come off like any other Cub Cadet steering wheel cap - with gentle twisting and pulling. It's only a friction fit.

Worst case, use one of those rubber sheets that you use to twist off tight jar lids.

Robb Kruger,
(You out there?).
Question about lawn care: I plug aerated the lawn per your instructions last fall. Whens the best time to de-thatch? Also, do you ever roll the lawn? (Seems to defeat the purpose of aerating).

Just remember, if it wasn't for the Original and narrow frames, there probably wouldn't be any of the mighty wide frames. Don't get me wrong here. I LIKE ALL MODELS OF IH CUB CADETS!!!!!

Kirk L. -

So...

...if it wasn't for the Edsel there would be no GT40?
roflol.gif

<font size="-2">fan the flames, fan the flames...</font>

Latest posts

Back