• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

450 snow blower refurb

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Don-
Good idea on the rebar.

By the way, good luck on your surgery. You seem pretty level-headed about it since you forgot about it last week. The first and last time I had surgery they almost had to coax me out from under the bed with cheeze and bacon treats like a shivering little kitten I was so frightened.

Kraig-
Quit looking for the pretty stickers...

Mower Deck and AGs = 1872
Blower and Chained-Turfs = 2072

Oh, and YES I would, if it wasn't my 'Burb...
asthanos.gif

I need some help with a 450 blower,I finally got it mounted to try on my 2072. The impeller fan spins under power but the auger does not. It will sometimes move very little or very slowly. Are the gears in the front box most likely stripped or is there a shear pin I'm not seeing, with the damn safety switch I can't get off and see if the shaft is spinning while its running(maybe that's a good thing). Any helpful hints would be great.
Thanks ,Brian.

Jerry,that is how I saw that the auger was not spinning. After I filled it with snow twice I watched the reflection in the bumper of my truck. I will take the pto belt off later and spin by hand to check it out . thanks for the suggestion.
Brian.

Well the shear bolts on each side are good,the spirals are not loose on their shafts. Thanks for the suggestion Paul, I am starting to think its probably the gearbox, and I read somwhere that parts are NLA ?

Brian L. Severns

You should pull a shear bolt and check it. sometimes they will shear off and not fall out,They look good but do nothing. I would remove the nut and use a punch to drive the bolt out just to be sure that they are good.I know this can happen because it did on a walk behind I have here.Good Luck
old.gif

Art A

I`am installing the chute controller now and now that I have some lift the chute controller will make this a sweet blower to use I think.I have to take the crank suport rod off and drill two holes for the handle and I`ll be done.A guy who likes to tinker will be here this week to look at the lift cylinder and see If between us both we can use the 149 lift cylinder I have here.I don`t know how much I will get done with only six weeks till I go to the hospital. I have to take six pills a day till then.

218226.jpg

Thanks to Kent Wood on PEI for this chute controller
thumbsup_old.gif

Well that was short . There seems to be a part missing on this conrtoller that I will have to order. maybee Charlie will help me out with finding and shipping it here. Part 24 in this controlls the chute movement I think and its not with the parts I got. so another order and see If Charlie got time to talk to me,I know he must be a busy guy.
218229.png

Allen Schumacher
Yes i`am sure i`am missing that piece. I have the metal bracket that the two cables go through and then they connect to that piece to move the chute up and down.I hope Charlie can order it for me so I can use the chute controller.
old.gif

Say, I am the happy owner of a ccc 1210 and would like to attach a snow thrower to the front of the tractor. I have been following a post on c-list for a Model 190-450-100 two stage unit...but I keep seeing posts talking about a haban h42 for my 1210. Can you guys help me steer clear of a big mistake here? Is the 450 the right machine for the 1210?
Thanks,
Frank

Frank L.
Click the Cub Cadet Parts look up button above, enter in 1210 and go to attachments, It will show you what throwers or blowers fit your machine.

Well I found the problem on my 450 blower, the rolled pin at the impeller to the gearbox shaft was sheared off but still in place. It was easy to find after removing the drive belt and spinning it by hand. I have been busy with the holidays and didn't get to it until today. Thanks for all the suggestions, this site is great.

I had my first snow here and well it rained and the snow as real wet.I could blow the snow on a good grade where the water could drain off. I know i`am gona love this 450. I did discover and issue though,The pin bolt that holds the blower in place has come out of its threads and will need to be repaired. Heres is my fix that I have started.I will measure and see that the plate is in place and the blower is attached. then treaded rod to protect the blower from the over center issue and that will keep the front pins in place.I wonder why this blower was not more issue free before it was put into production. I think to compete $$$

Hey Don, getting more snow soon? Finally get some seat time with the new to you 450 you have. BTW, did you buy the taller discharge chute or the original 450 style?

I like some of your other improvements also. Good ideas! If you are like me, turning the chute left to right so frequently, you are going to like a powered chute rotator soon. I have a cab on my 1782 Super Gt which makes the controls even harder to work as I can barely crank the chute control handle with the cab in place.

Put the "two cables" controller on yet? I have that on my #551 and really like it. I like Matt's use of the #364 blower drive with the telescoping shaft driving the blower. I never understood why Cub went away from that (let me guess, $$$)

Don T, glad to see you finally got some seat time after all that hard work. Sorry to hear it broke, but you will have it up and going again soon

Jim Diederichs

I have the parts now that was missing on the chute controller and will install that on Monday, I did buy the taller chute from the 551 and like the extra control it offers. I will install the electric chute controller on Monday also. I will have this all working soon. I know it will help when I get the Cab built to be able to control both the direction and height with my left hand.

Melody Schutz

You have been some quiet lately ?, back to the old grind I guess is the problem. I bet driving a truck in the weather you had must be a pain. I know I never like snow and ice when I drove 18 wheels and 10 wheels lol.I fell off the back of a freight truck once because of snow on a step,It made it a long day after that. I think I know whats broken in the 450 snow blower !with no snow for it to blow it does spin both augers and seems to have a grinding noise that I believe is a key on the one gear in the rear gear box that feeds the blower. I will know for sure Monday morning when I get it apart. I hope that is what it is !
Item number 16 or 2 in this drawing is my hope. Have fun drive safe. Later Don T

220755.png

Donald, no impeller drive either? I have seen #2 KEY shear on a 450 although it is a rare occurance. Make sure the retaining ring #20 on that shaft is in place so the shaft did not move.

Hope you find a simple fix for that.

Latest posts

Back