• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Bottom port is leaking at the lift/lower valve.

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

greg royal

Hi Gents,

I’ve got a great 1864 with one issue….

The hydraulic valve for lift/lower leaks from the bottom port that I can’t yet solve.

I have tried to remedy the leak with lots of different sizes of O rings. The 3 other ports are leak-free and the tube entering the bottom port seems fine, but it continues to leak. The operator controlling the valve spool is also very stiff.

I am wondering if I should purchase and install a 2-way valve with a center-off position or attempt to tap the existing block and use a hydraulic fitting to solve this issue, I'll be primarily using the machine with the front-mounted snow blower.

Might anyone know the port configuration for these valves?

Any thoughts are much appreciated.

Thanks,

Greg

Attachments

• hydro valve pic.jpg
    hydro valve pic.jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 6
I had a very similar leak on my 1862. The tube had a tiny crack at the shoulder where the clamp holds it down. After about a year of searching for a used line, because a new line is no longer available, I took the tube to a hydraulic machine shop. They found an adapter that clamped in the valve and the other side adapted to a #4 jic fitting. I then made a house to go from the lift valve to under the tractor. Been working great for about 2 years now.

I believe you can still get the o rings from Cub Cadet. 921-3021. Sticky valve may need a polish on the stem that protrudes from the valve, or a rebuild kit is available from Cub Cadet also...

That O ring is .301" ID x .070" thick.
Got mine at a regular hardware store w/a Hillman assortment.
Check the O ring 1st, may just be a $0.44 repair job if you are lucky!

Greg, Jay (previous) probably gave best advice ...have a new hose made up to replace metal line..p.o. once a crack is found the next one is not far away...A lot of vibration in all these machines ...note most construction equip has a hose in system somewhere..

Gentlemen,
Thank you for the speedy responses!
I think Jay has hit the nail on the head. After replacing the O rings with various sizes, the leak persists.
Looks like my best path forward is to rebuild the valve, (found the kit on many sites) and while it is out, I will tap the port for a JIC fitting and replace the hydraulic hose to suit.
I appreciate the time you all have taken,
Greg

Latest posts

Back