• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

450 blower on 982 not lifting

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The info is in my picture and post above. It is a 1/4" x ~2" piece of steel with a couple bends in it. I can't remember if it came with the Haban snow blades or if it is something someone else came up with after the fact, but either way, without it, you will break rockshafts without having it.
Thank you Matt, that looks fairly simple to make and install.

Dumb question.... the picture that Russ posted above of the manual page... the one on the right - I made a sleeve type set up like is on the newer models... is part #3 supposed to have a roll pin through it as well?

Mine started out looking like the picture on the left. But in an effort to make it stronger, I attached the two deck lift arms ( #1 & #2) to a piece like #6 so it became one welded assembly. Part #5 is independent and it moves on the rock shaft when the lift cylinder goes up and down. I did it this way because that's the way it was on the tractor before. But to me, that piece needs to travel part of the stroke of the cylinder before it actually lifts or lowers the deck lift arms.
It just seems odd. There is a hole there in part #5 for a roll pin to go through in the collar - but there was never a hole drilled in the rock shaft that was in it, and I only ever see 2 roll pins used on the rock shaft in any pictures ?

Well I am back at this project again.
Good grief.
Does anyone have the proper angle of the lift tabs off the lift rod shaft? Come to conclusion that mine are twisted enough it is helping mess up my lifting abilities.
Plan is to rebuild it from scratch and make a bit beefier. The end of shaft where lift rod attaches is also bent.
Did get a support like Matt suggested made this morning for support on the rock shaft/mower lift pin.

Attachments

• 20240107_131011.jpg
    8.7 MB · Views: 0
  • 20240107_131058.jpg
    11 MB · Views: 0
Did you make that? I picked up an 1872 with a 450 a few months ago. I'm going through the tractor so I'm still using my 782/QA42 this winter. I don't recall that brace in my pile of parts.

It is a part-numbered part (Haban part number, so NLA) that shows up in the parts lookup for the Haban 54" blade.

The rockshaft will eventually break without it when using a blade or snowblower on these.

It is a part-numbered part (Haban part number, so NLA) that shows up in the parts lookup for the Haban 54" blade.

The rockshaft will eventually break without it when using a blade or snowblower on these.
This was like Matt said, a requirement for Haban stuff. It certainly helps beef things up.
Yes, I made that yesterday in an effort to keep my rock shaft together this year.
Next is to work on beefing up the lift shaft on blower and getting the lift tabs on at the correct angle

Surprisingly, the 450 and the 451 snowblowers. I have have 2 different angles. This picture is off at 450.

Attachments

• 20240108_113638.jpg
    7.1 MB · Views: 0
The angle on the 450's seems to be much better suited to the blowers, at least on the 82 series. Had way less issues with my 450 on the 1872, which I kick myself for getting rid of it, than I have with this blower. Thank you for pics. Definitely leaning ro the 450 angles for sure. Think it be way less headaches.

Yes. I am surprised at the angle difference. Got 2 more I will check tomorrow.
I am actually confused as to why the angle would even need to be different? The tractors they go on are both supers with I believe the same size tires? Heck I even had my old 450 on my 782. It lifted it high enough. It was still a bear for the 782 to lift. We won't even talk about ease of steering 🤯

I kept thinking about that angle and wondering why so I decided to go out and measure the lift arms. And they are 2 inches different 14 1/2 and 12 1/2. So apparently that determines the angle.

Got it re-built last night. Worked well, need to tweak a bit, like to check out lift rod length a bit more.
If anyone else needs the Haban Cross Shaft Support Strap part number HA-14297 $17.00;
https://ccspecialties.org/haban.html
HA-14297%20BRACKET.jpg

Latest posts

Back